World of change

ty

I can draw 1000 (blocks) with 110 fps (if don’t draw nothing else)
I work now on proxy on far distance for grass, max number you see Real grass in game is 300 else proxy (even 300 is really many ,true numbers wile be more lower).
Update :

http://imglink.ru/thumbnails/13-04-11/ab2294c21f9f22c511316fc3f06cd93b.jpg

When I look on grass more then 1 min shi start annoying :slight_smile: I think if add some flowers and trees ,and upgrade terrene generate I fix that .
Magic grass :wink: (don’t look on fps frame limit on)

http://imglink.ru/thumbnails/13-04-11/63f4eaa4f3be2d2c8d8ab705fa9e3b7b.jpg

(Need rewrite proxy from static img to in game grass color, do it later.)
My little flower :slight_smile:

http://imglink.ru/thumbnails/15-04-11/80265ed12217aa7f633ace660a90105b.jpg

I use part of photo(purple color) for texture and shi looks really good with this texture, need do better texture for grass:) but its later.

Finish flowers .

http://imglink.ru/thumbnails/17-04-11/afde690f92f29d38e948f87311fcd351.jpg

Soon start doing trees :slight_smile:

hello,

hard to clone the user base heh

Bah, it looks like he’s having fun with it, let him be :slight_smile:

Been following this thread for a while (initial reaction was a bit negative, I admit), but I’ve been officially won over. Looks very impressive, and the screenshots keep looking better and better each time.

Not really sure the high definition of the grass and flowers works with the blocky style of minecraft, you’re kinda losing the beauty somewhere along the way - even though the tech is very cool.

Kev

Block system only for start, in future I hope I rewrite it on something more realistic :wink:
All ty for good words.
Finally finish grass grow now shi not lags (I think so).
Finish portal 2 for 6 hr 30 min time ( not game time, game time is lesser also do some things in this time ) :slight_smile: (try see all texture and models of game, listen all dialogs =)) really good game and long when you think it over shi only starts;)

I spend one day after play in portal 2 on this. (I don’t know why I doing this :))

My little palm tree :slight_smile:
(some problems with old img hosting, cant upload there)

http://s3.postimage.org/aacd8ps4/image.jpg

Create proxy think tomorrow add it in game.
And hope release new version (Upgrade terrane generator and unlimited world do later ,maybe in next version)

I’m just curious reading through all this…but what do you mean by “proxy”?

I call proxy , low detail models that’s used for rendering on distant distance.
Don’t know how right call them here is link
(simple look on img don’t need read all text :))link

Version 0.12 update.
Update :Sorry ppl WoC now eat 60-70 mb memory :frowning: (cant clear properly variable - they don’t want clears :frowning: ),one day I go insane and rewrite all on ASM =)

Don’t blame Java for your unoptimized code :wink:

I agree if some of base java function lags write own =)
(cant clear BufferedImage from memory :frowning: maybe need rewrite fully loading of images)
Texture eat 50 mb memory (must eat only 4-8 mb in right loader) 7 of them clear GC hm (maybe realy rewrite texture loader? or do it later;)).
I forgot that’s java use Virtual Machine so may game use only 8 mb Heap max and 20mb non-Heap (don’t sure that’s understand right translate of this word , but think I understand it purpose) :wink: all else shi use for initialization and don’t resolved from Java VM

How see how many memory use you’re java application?
Try this

static long getMemory(){ return runtime.totalMemory() - runtime.freeMemory();}

Or (if you don’t believe this for some reasons, like me ;))
Run this jdk1.6\demo\jfc\Java2D\ you see memory monitor you can find it source code in “src”
Or run jconsole.exe and attach to you’re process.
Why java application show so big difference in jconsole and Win tasklist
I don’t know:) for some reasons java virtual machine take dynamic memory for using and don’t resolve it fully(take 90% only 10% resolve).

This looks awesome! I wish you had a demo up that used the grass and trees!

@everyone else: Don’t be so hard on him! He’s doing a fantastic job on this game!

Do you mean that when you press M at java console window it will lie you?

Memory: 15 872K  Free: 3 371K  (21%) ... completed.

At same time Java™ Platform SE binary uses 51 172kt. I allways thinked that there is just 35000kt virtual machine overhead but I am not sure anymore.

Whoa I never knew about jconsole.exe. However I still prefer VisualVM :slight_smile:

Big TY :slight_smile: Demo on first page and on site :slight_smile: v0.12 if have any problems i try fix them.

I think yes :wink: (need do more tests ) simple see memory using of java VM and memory using of windows (in task list )
Maybe VM really use memory like shi said, but why shi take so many memory from OS and don’t come back?
Hear is how must be C++
Memory usage

#include <iostream>
#include <windows.h>
using namespace std;
int main( void ); 
void Byt();
int main(void)
 { int a;

cout<<"1"<<endl;
         cin>>a;//900-1000kb       
         byte *bb = new byte[100000000];     
         for(int i=0;i<100000000;i++)bb[i]=1;         
         cout<<"2"<<endl;
         cin>>a;//100Mb
         delete [] bb;
         bb=NULL;
         cout<<"3"<<endl;
         cin>>a;//900-1000kb
    return 0; 
  }

in java i have not same results (maybe i not right clearing memory).
Hear what I find
Java

//9mb
byte bb[]=new byte[10000000];//19mb
bb=null;
bb=null;

//9mb
bb[]=new byte[10000000];//29mb
bb=null;
bb[]=new byte[10000000];//39mb
//After GC it may stand 25-29 mb but not always;

With class same like with arrays :wink: (same strange eating memory bug)
Function resolve memory normal like Null (but not all :))

Ok I localize the problem of memory eating by game :wink: its BufferedImage and PixelGrabber (they eat too many memory and resolve it hm not right ;))
Ty for this Pavel Kouznetsov and his Png loader, now need find algorithm Png decode and rewrite my texture loader :wink:

As I said before, this is awesome. I tried it again and noticed a few problems though.

1. The FPS stayed at about 30 as it’s normal, but went as low as 12 in some spots. Keep in mind I’m on a acer aspire one netbook, so it’s not that strong.

2)While playing I fell through a block and ended up under the world. It might have been a fluke, but you should check on it if more people say the same thing.

Once again, keep up the great work! Put in those portals and keep making awesome beaches :slight_smile:

Ty.

1. Try lower rendering range (Fog try set “Close 1”), in next version I add option model detail :wink: (at this version model-detail stay on far ) also try Turn on fps in options and say on with objects count (Obj All) start lags .
  2. Collision system need really big change . Can you say where that happen –somewhere on middle of map, or near end of world ; when you run , or when jump ,falling ,or swim and fly mode was on or off ; )that’s really help find bug .(but I cant guarantee that I fix it, the only sure way to fix it is rewrite collision system. =) )

cupple of your links on first post are dead, any Applet available somewhere ???

Strange I download 1 min ago version 0.11 and 0.12 (0.10 dead link)
Applet
http://www.2shared.com/file/vagIT3f7/woc012offap.html
Hm like I see not all ppl understand first post need rewrite him do it tomorrow ;).