Overbind

http://overbind.comoj.com/linux_natives.jar.lzma is still missing, causing it to fail on linux.

Oups, sorry, I just added it. Hope it works :stuck_out_tongue:

Works great now, thanks.

Update !

• A full menu which allows you to start from the beginning (“Start”) or from a specific level (“Select Level”)
  • A new level which should increase the level of difficulty ;D

Have fun :wink:

oh wow, can you VSync or limit to 60 FPS
my video card is burning

You’re right, I just changed it to render at a constant rate.

Made it. Now, that last chamber was hard.

This is probably the best java 3D game I have played, specifically how perfectly it runs. Directly after a loading screen I suddenly move very fast, perhaps delayed input?

As expected from lwjgl applet, error occured in loading packet. It’s not fair! :expressionless:

Yeah logic runs on while no rendering, it seems.

I managed to fall through the lava in the second floor on the last level (moving too fast?) and just kept on falling. Maybe add something that checks so you can’t fall indefinitely and need to reload the page to go on? :slight_smile:

Mike

Not a very helpful reply, would be useful if you could provide the exception from the Java Console to explain what exactly went wrong for you.

• Little update: I just fixed the bug concerning the loading screen and the “run fast” effect behind which can be annoying.

@ ReBirth: I am sure this is not because of LWJGL. I think your graphic card does not support openGL 3.0 which is used here. But Java console would definitely explain your problem.
By the way, LWJGL is really amazing ! I’m really grateful for the community that is building this crossplatform library !

@ JESTERRRRRR: Whaou ! This is the second time I got a compliment like this one. Thanks, it’s motivating !

Got to the last jump on level 5, feel through the floor. Maybe a way to reset on the escape menu?

• UPDATE:
  • 2 new levels ! I placed one of them at level 5 because it is made to transit from previous levels and last level published (now level 6). The other one is level 7.
  • Fixed bug when going inside a box (thanks Nate for reporting this bug). The player is now pushed to the top of the box and can jump, so you can not be stuck anymore.

Have fun ! ;D

Done.

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/2766/yoae.jpg

This was a little less frustrating and fun. The lava corridor level before is just very hard, and also, when you die, you go allll the way back.
here you “just” fall down. and its very cool - there are so many options here to move around in the level 7 tower, very fun

I think the game is now nice, complete and polished enough to be moved to the featured section.

FEATURED.

Whaou !! ;D
I was wondering where the game was. Haha!
Thanks for featuring my game. It 's awesome !

Of course, I’ll still add a level once a week until it gets really complete.

@ Cero: thanks for you’re feedback, really useful to understand how to build next levels.

I’d love even more ways to travel through each level to increase the replay value. Other than that, maybe add a “Loading” text after selecting a level?

Good going! :slight_smile:

Mike

Another thing that could maybe make it more fun and competitive, is time records on how long it took to complete each level.

Further an online highscore board, that way players could complete with each other on trying to get the best times on each level (with gloating rights by having their name on the online highscore boards).

As suggested above more ways to complete the levels would also lead to a metagame of players trying to find the most optimal path through a level to get the best time.