Overbind

great game, got stuck on level four though… I guess I am just not as skilled as the rest of you :stuck_out_tongue: haha, or I am just tired :).

@Tim
Errm no. It’s caused by my slow connection actually, request timed out, console was clear. That’s why I prefer a resumable DDL on “big game” like this.

What is the required OpenGL version?

Looks like 3.0+ to me :slight_smile:

I really like it!
Though, it would be nice if you can go back from the ingame-menu to the level select - I had to reload it a couple of times before I knew on what level I was the last time I played.

Also, can you remove the push/pull delay if you apply it on a different platform?
This would make the game much faster and more fun for people trying to get the best times possible :slight_smile:

Argh. Apple why you no support openGL 3+?? When I can use 3.0+ I’ll definitely try it out, looks great.

OS X 10.7+ should actually now have support for OpenGL 3.2, however you’ve got to specially request it when creating the context.

I WAS going to do some work on shadows today. Sigh.

Thank you guys, it seems that there are more and more people coming and playing the game !!!
I’ll think about adding time scoring to bring some competition in the game. Here is what I see for a near future: first I finish the story mode, maybe a couple more levels where you need to get out of the building. Then I could create a new mode with new maps, specially done for time records with many possibilities to achieve levels.
Yet, as i said before, I’m on another project too :stuck_out_tongue: . But I’ll keep my words: I’ll bring an update once a week (except during 2 weeks at the end of July, I’m on holidays ;D )

@ All:

• thanks for your suggestions, I take them under consideration.
  • the game needs openGL 3.0. This is only due to glGenerateMipmap for automatic mipmap texture generation. I’m wondering if I can manage mipmaping on my own and if it is complicated to do. Or maybe if there is a way to detect which openGL version is supported so I can remove mipmaping for compatibility. Do you guys have an idea ?
    @ Milch: I don’t know what you refer to when you talk about push/pull delay. You mean that you have a delay between when you click and when you’re pushed/pulled ? In this case, it is not normal…

[quote=“Tim_Spekler,post:69,topic:39055”]
You can try this :slight_smile: :

if (GLContext.getCapabilities().OpenGL30) {
    glGenerateMitmap(...);
}

Thank you matheus23, I just implemented GLContext.getCapabilities() and uploaded my jar. I did not find a lot of explanation on this function on the internet, but I’ll keep searching.
Can someone with an OpenGL < 3.0 support can tell me if the game runs now for him please ? (I just warn you, without mipmap, lines in the back are not as nice as desired)
By the way, I changed buttons color.

@Tim Spekler:
I mean the “cooldown” for using the push/pull.
If you use it, you can’t re-use instantly - so I thought that it would be “more fun” to
be able to re-use it instantly (though, only on a different surface, to avoid basically spamming it)

I agree it makes it slower than necessary. Which is slightly annoying.
However taking the delay completely out would work either, because then you could spam it and easily fly to the ceiling and stuff. Not sure what the solution is.
I would do this: You have to HOLD right or left mouse button to keep it pulling/pushing.
However this would change level design…

I tried to run it on Linux, but I’m just getting a white screen. I did see the LWJGL applet loader.
The screenshots look nice though.

@ Milch & Cero : You made your point. I need to think about it.
@ erikd : It should work on Linux. If you tell me what your Java console prints I could see where your problem is and it could help me. :slight_smile:

The game would be too easy without cooldown, unless an entire gameplay shift takes place.

it’s all about level design…

So I finally got back to my gaming desktop and played this game. After a whole hour, I finally beat it! I absolutely hate you for levels 6 and 7 though…I fell way too many times >:(

Amazing game! I am thoroughly impressed! Keep making levels for this, and maybe expand on it and add multiplayer and other challenges. A neat idea would also to include a level editor somehow?

gimme some extra difficult levels… I played Demon’s Souls :smiley:

really liked the game. only stopped playing because i had to go somewhere!