if you are not a programmer, what would you be ?

Wow, so many people want to be an author or writer. I’d hate to just sit around and come up with words. I know its a really creative thing to do, but reading and writing is not for me at all. D:

it’s not like “stop working” it’s just stop working for someone, if you managed your 30 years at works well, then at the age of 50 you should be able to cover your financial needs from the money you’ve been storing and then just like heisenbergman said

[quote] it as an opportunity to spend more time with family and pursue other interests full-time without having to worry about earning money.
[/quote]
one of the activity i may want to do at that age is teaching kids the basics of programming ::slight_smile:
that will make me feel like a damn boss 8)

The two biggest (IMO) parts of game development are design and storytelling.

Writing (or typing) is the next best alternative for storytelling.

And anyway, coding is sorta like coming up with words

1Bf0aYBk0OQ

You don’t come up with words, you come up with worlds.

Recommended and highly inspiring viewing that may change your mind a little: an interview with Lord British, the creator of Ultima.

Guys, guys! Calm down… With point 3 I was talking about myself ^^
‘Dumb idiot’ -> me
‘starts interpreting something’ -> me (something = that post)
‘makes useless thesis’ -> the list of the thread progress…

I must say, matheus, I understood your meaning, yet kind of expected someone to react like that to your self-deprecating post ::slight_smile:

Mostly because it happens to me a lot.

So hard to self-loathe when others selfishly think you’re talking about them! :cranky:

Wait, why did you quote me?

I was just adding to the list.

I would be a theoretical physicist.

OMG! Physics Again!!! :slight_smile::slight_smile:

Actually I hate it!!!

As i understand, Gordon Freeman doesn’t actually do any science. He just runs around hitting things with crowbars…
I could do that.

[quote]He just runs around hitting things
[/quote]
Gonna try.

And how does that differ from science?

Shit! It just happened to myself! ;D

The pointless comment was HeroesGraveDev’s comment! Man, Oskuro’s post is so true…

Well, before I decide that I don’t want to be a programmer, I must be a really amazing programmer first.
Once I’ve made a super amazing program that dominates the industry in sales, then I will decide to be a millionaire.

Genius plan.

Scrap that, I will be a BILLIONAIRE!!!

Heh… just a simple architect for me. Have to build some kind of system.

A programming forum troll.

Wait, you aren’t one? :clue:

Rich