Craftia - The Game of Crafting [Updates_Paused]

Hi,

I’ve made a game.

A bit about my game:
I have a 16161 Hexahedron world with collision gravity etc. I will upload screenshots shortly.

umG2x9NG2F0

About my game in a video.

Right now I only have Minecraft textures but I am working on other ones.

Alpha 1a03a:

Chunks
VBO rendering

And maybe New Textures

Why not just make your own textures, it will set you apart from the other million cube world projects that use minecraft textures ;D

It’s under the picture. Though, if I was making a block world game, I’d use simple placeholders rather than minecraft textures.

Just Completed 1a02b
I added:
My own Textures

I will be making a jar for people to play pretty soon.

How to separate your game from Minecraft:

1. Don’t use the words “Mine”, "Craft, or “Minecraft” in the name.
  2. Use the term “Regular Hexahedron” instead of cube.
  3. Don’t use Minecraft textures. For that matter, don’t use textures that look like Minecraft textures. (Don’t know why people call it pixel art. Pixel art is the careful choice and placement of pixels. Most Minecraft textures look like someone used the noise function on their graphics program and threw in a few random pixels for fun)
  4. No diamond swords, tools or armour.
  5. Different trees. This makes more of a difference than you think.

Thank you for the advice. I will work on other textures and might change the name from Craftia. If that’s what you mean.

Interesting trees are useful! I actually like the method that was adopted by the game Castle Story, which is voxel based (It is! They just did it fancier than Minecraft’s). Trees are objects that grow on top of a voxel, cutting one does turns into several voxel objects that can then be used/manipulated like regular game voxels.

My turn to say something silly (Since most people end up doing it!) I think we should dub this ‘Quaxel Art’. Like ‘Quazi-Voxel Art’. Mostly because it sounds amusingly like quack.

Detailed non-pixel art textures. Please give your thoughts:

The new textures aren’t 16x16 they are 64x64 which adds more depth and detail.

The crate-texture looks like the crate-texture that is used in the NeHe tutorials.
Is that on purpose or am I getting paranoid over copyright stuff?

• Longor1996

Just on purpose I will be removing that soon. If I ever need a crate I will make the texture myself.

It’s very nice! Is this going to be opensource? I think I can learn more by seeing your source.

At the moment I have no idea! But I’ll look at it.

Any suggestions for a new name? Or am I better off sticking with the one I’ve got right now.
???

“Hexahed”
“3grid”
“Gridblock” (haha pun haha ;D :P)

I’ve had these floating around in my brain for a while, but feel free to use them. I won’t be making a cube game anytime soon.

Ok guys, I’m working hard on chunks and VBOs. I’m going to try get this stuff finished by Saturday.

Okay. I’m done with the world now for the textures.

What are you having trouble with?

Finally done! Adding a video and screenshots soon.

Update:
10/25/13
Craftia a0.2.0

Chunks
Display Lists(They’re old but apparently faster)
Simplex Noise Map
New Textures
Larger World
New Blocks