Zombie Nauts [0.5.0]

Future Releases are within the post responses below!

Zombie Nauts is a zombie arcade shooter. The game goes on forever while the game gets harder. I will soon add more game modes but as of the current release I only have Arcade.

Planned Game Modes:

• Arcade mode
  • Survival Mode
  • Campaign Mode
  • Multiplayer Mode
  • Unlockable Sandbox Mode

Planned Features: (Not promised)

• Dozens of different zombie types and weapons
  • Many different maps with special features for all game modes
  • A gun workshop
  • Fully customizable gameplay (Sandbox mode)
  • A bunch of 8-bit gore. (Mostly in survival and such and such)
  • Complete auto-updater so you don’t have to download each patch!
  • And more!

Latest Downloads:

Download: Here!

Latest Screenshots:

Pregnant Zombie

Baby Zombie

Running Baby Zombie (Complete with a mustache)

Pregnant Zombie Dropping a Baby

Last Screenshot:

Machine Guns!

Running Zombies!

How to read release names:
MAJOR.MINOR.PACTH

What I’m using to make this game:

• Slick2D
  • LWJGL
  • Java
  • My brain

This game is in really early development. I’m posting each minor release here so you guys can test it.

download link doesn’t work and I cant help but notice from the gif that some of the bullets are missing the zombies. Considering there is only one plane the bullet is moving on, this should not happen. What I think you are doing is updating your x value of the bullet by the bullet speed. This won’t work at high speeds because there will be points when the bullet will simply skip over the target because the target was not on a multiple of your speed. To fix this, you will have to look into some raycasting . Hope this helps in any way :wink:

hehe, watching your gif makes me want to make “pew pew!” sounds :stuck_out_tongue:

@King Thanks so much. I was wondering what the problem was and now I know. I probably should do this with the player too, because the player also occasionally can walk thru zombies (usually only the ones that the bullets go thru)

Haven’t touched the code for a while since school has been killing me! Only have to add a few more things and 0.1.0 will be out. Can’t wait!

1 day is a long time? gg

For me yes. I normally work on a game for at least 3 hours each day and if I don’t I feel as if I wasn’t productive that entire week! I’m a programaholic

You’re not making me feel better about how much I program every day… >_>

How much do you spend on programming a day? Generally if I have nothing else to do, I code for ~4 hours, give or take 1 hour.

@Jacob Pickens: Did you see this?
@Rayvolution: 3 hours are really not that much.

derailThread = true;
I know, that’s why I commented. :stuck_out_tongue: on a “programming weekend” I easily spend 15-16 hours a day, on a normal day probably 6-10 depending on what else is going on.

Of course, in my defense I shouldnt say it’s always all programming, it’s a mis of programming and graphics design. Just the past few weeks have been very heavy on programming.
derailThread = false;

My message to Jacob was on topic…
Btw.: Yours is not.

Thats why I stated I was detailing the thread for a minute there. :wink:

Ok, misunderstood. My link was meant as an hint though.

3 hours is when I have a lot to do… Honestly over the weekend I’m programming non stop for at least 5-6 hours… But over the entire day it’s got to be at least like Ray said 15-16 hours. My parents hate it when I do that.

Should have 0.1.0 out tonight. It should add better collisions, increasing difficulty, and a reset ability!

Would you mind toning down the WIP spamming?
You just double posted within 10 minutes.

Unless you have something to add, just edit the last post, or keep it to yourself and post it later along with something else.

I don’t like making posts like this, but I do get tired of seeing the same old posts with absolutely nothing of value.

:wink:

I second that parent notion :wink:

Zombie Nauts 0.0.9 Complete!

Change Log:

• More reliable collisions
  • Few small but rather important optimization tweaks (Pretty much lag free now)
  • Set up for increasing difficulty feature in 0.1.0

Download: No download since it’s just a patch update.

Note to self: Don’t double post

I am terribly sorry guys. I didn’t have a single bit to code today I was hanging out with my friends.p and girlfriend. (Social Stuff ewwwww) I’m super tired and will be sleeping shortly so 0.1.0 will probably be out tomorrow. Keyword: probably