Voxby - my source code give away

Here is a link to the code for my voxel project:

https://sites.google.com/site/voxbygame/

Hope it helps somebody! (Note - collision not fully implemented).

Keys wads, space to jump (infinitely), b to drop block, u to remove block, 4 to toggle through
block player holding.

Thank you for that, will have a look thorugh that later and make some comparison with my code and hopefully and gain a few more insights. :slight_smile:

No probs :wink:

Loving the new project by the way, I really need to get into doing something similar - could I ask, I’m at a crossroad, fixed pipeline or programmable…I’ve tried a bit of programmable with LWJGL and OGL2.0 but get errors on my vertex shader yet using ARB extensions it is fine?!

As far as I can see you use immediate mode, not good

He uses display lists.

Oh apparently I didn’t notice the declaration. However it still is very bad for a thing like a voxel engine which can be modified very often, display lists copy all the glX() between the beginning and the end of their inits which end up in wasted memory

Quarry - if you read my posts you will see I’ve moved to using shaders and thus the programmable pipeline, the voxel engine was a learning experience for me and as Pauler says, it uses display lists - I moved to VBO and got same results.