A game I’ve been woring on for the past couple weeks, looking to take terraria (minus the magic cr*p) and shrink down the tile size to make it feel more real. Name suggestions please!
- Saving and loading of chunks
- Flowing finite water
- Improved game loop. Much smoother with interpolation while rendering. Thankyou theagentd!
- Added placing and removing grass blocks with left and right click.
- Chunk offset added. This shifts the border for the loading of chunks wider (can change in config.txt, default is 100 pixels) to prevent nasty black lines and visible tears off the screen.
- Can no longer place blocks under player (if you spawn in the dirt, exit the game and start again!)
- Added a proper player sprite (ripped from terraria for the moment) with directional movement
- Can walk up slopes of a maximum of 2 tiles high without jumping
Cannot currently do much, just walk around jump, and place blocks, but much more is coming.
- WSD - walk left and right and jump
- Left Click - Place dirt blocks
- Right Click - remove block (place void)
I hope to have some sort of story line, but instead of exploring across, explore up (campaign will be on an island), but an option for infinite width since it is supported (read on). At this stage, chunks (128x128 tiles, 256x256 pixels) are loaded and unloaded as you walk. The small amounts of ‘blur’ you get at the edges of the screen when moving around is the chunks unloading and loading again, I must change the distance out a little further so this isn’t noticable Done! I am on the brink of implementing loading and saving of chunks when exiting the app. The world is generated using perlin noise. Player movement and collisions are pixel perfect. The config file changes the screen width and height, and an option for vSync and/or sleeping the game loops thread to save system resources, chunk offset can also be set.