Untitled - 2D side scroller

I have implemented the first option in 2 projects of mine, it is not really hard, but a lot of calculations.
Diffrent animations would always look odd i think (always some degrees off), and get really annoying if you create more entitys, because they all require these extra animations.
Besides, you wont only have one way slopes, but also holes like these (dont mind the character and the fact it does not have legs haha):

So calculating the position is maybe hard to do, but once you have done it, you wont have to worry about it for the rest of the project anymore.

It just about looks like you’ve got this same problem sorted out yourself, eliminate the legs alltogether! Doing this right the first time and not having to worry about it for the rest of the project is something I really want to do. I have started on skeletal leg animations, I’ll post the new project here in a few days once they are looking good.

Runs fine for me on Windows 8. The only thing that I would suggest is to try and limit the build height or the maximum height that the character can go as you can position the mouse underneath the characters sprite and hold the up button and you can jump to an infinite height…

Also maybe change the block size or character’s size as I find that balancing on one single block is not natural, maybe just play around with sizes or something.

P.S. I had a consistent 60 FPS :smiley: