Ünembra

If my boss glanced over my shoulder, he should be grateful to be able see it!

Lol!

[quote]I like them sketches, i wish i could draw like this
[/quote]
You have no idea how many years I’ve said this about other peoples drawings… I try to stay away from deviant art, they put my stuff to shame.

-Pickle

Did a mockup of dirt tiles yesterday… better than before, but I still don’t like em :cranky:

-Pickle

use offsets for Photoshop or gimp and then clone stamp tool or what ever it is in gimp and make it seamless. I know that I struggle with this type of thing.

Adding a secondary pattern over the top and setting the opacity on it down a bit seemed to do pretty well.

I saw a tutorial on putting a fade on the edges and overlapping the tiles for a more seamless transition, but I’ll have to mess around with it more.

Thanks for the input :smiley:

Here’s an updated version:

http://pickleninja.com/unembra/img/groundTiles2.png

http://pickleninja.com/unembra/img/dirtSpriteSheet.png

-Pickle

Err sorry but I have suggestion. Try to put big images in spoiler, use thumbnails, or just link. It’ll speed up the page and less scrolling :point:

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll see if I can go shrink the image down when I get home from work. Sorry about that :slight_smile:

very nice but there are still some seams when the tiles transition from top to bottom or the other way around. Not much, but they are there.

Updated ground with static grass, and tiles that represent caves :slight_smile:

I’ll work on shrinking the other previous images down so the page loads faster.

-Pickle

Your sir, are a perfect Artist!

Thank you :slight_smile:

I have more time to spend on graphics now that I have another programmer working with me :smiley:

-Pickle

Ground sprite sheet in progress (shrunk for loading efficiency)… man this takes a long time lol :stuck_out_tongue:

-Pickle

Oh boy, this will turn out to be gorgeous

I really hope so :slight_smile:

-Pickle

First tile set is coming along great :slight_smile:

I would add some background stuff such as foliage, bushes, rocks…all that jazz.

Mayhaps an editor to play with? :wink:

For sure… Just wait till I start making houses you can enter :wink:

-Pickle

Dirt Sprite sheet almost finished… :clue:

Starting to look good in the mock up ;D

http://pickleninja.com/unembra/img/grassLandMockUp2.png

So tired =_= … time to crash so I can go pull another 12 hour day.

Thanks for taking a look and motivating me guys, I really love hearing your input :slight_smile:

-Pickle

Your photoshop skills > my photoshop skills

maybe one day my artistic skills will come to your teir… or at least close to.

Looks really great, im still waiting for an demo ;D
My only question is why you have so many diffrent edges?

I need to have something worth playing (and working for that matter) before I can post a demo :wink:

Since I’m going to allow the user to tunnel into the ground “aka terraria”, I have to account for the different possibilities when digging… like if you dig into a center one, is the tile to the left dug out? is the tile to the right dug out?.. that’s why there’s so many :slight_smile:

-Pickle