TritonForge || Immersion RPG/Sandbox

I am using a mask for night at the moment, but I will change that soon now that you mentioned it (:

New screenshot i just took

Uh, not sure which version :-\ I downloaded it Saturday and the jar is 9289kb, if that helps. I played it for about 5min and the player’s movement was fast the whole time. I’ll try he new one shortly.

I’m gonna have to test out all of the jars myself, I may have uploaded the wrong file early on before I capped the ticking framerate

FL Studio is a professional music development program… Plenty of music producers use it to make very high quality music. It’s foolish to judge the quality of the music by the program it was created in.

lol it’s only placeholder for now anyway i already know what the music will sound like once i decide to finalize it. FL studio is great imo

Absolutely do not do this. Your game is not ready for Greenlight, you’ll just be throwing your money away. Even my game was a bit of a gamble going in, and it was a lot further along and much more polished that yours currently is.

You should keep working on your project, but most certainly DO NOT put it up on Greenlight yet. The first week of exposure is critical, and is one of the major determining factors of getting greenlit. I got 60% of my total votes for Retro-Pixel Castles in that first week, the rest came from serious marketing between my Kickstarter, sending about 20+ emails a day to news sites, and of course the awesome people here on JGO.

Don’t go to Greenlight until your project’s quality rivals Terraria or Starbound. If you can’t reach that level, then just forget Greenlight all together. As cliche as it sounds; Playing in the big leagues is a whole different ball game, you have to compete with the big boys. So, unless you really think you’re just as good or better than the proven titles in similar genres, you won’t get anywhere. :slight_smile:

I know that sounds harsh and I don’t mean to be. I’m just trying to give you the blunt truth now before you toss out 100 CAD. You have to completely change your entire perspective when you start considering Greenlight. You must compare yourself with the leaders of the genre, the real, proven games by actual professionals. No one, and I mean absolutely no one will care if you’re just a hobbyist who wants people to play his “kool game”. They just want something that’s a blast to play, and something as good or better than the games they already can get.

Just my 2 cents. Keep at it, consider Greenlight later. :slight_smile:

[quote]Absolutely do not do this. Your game is not ready for Greenlight, you’ll just be throwing your money away. Even my game was a bit of a gamble going in, and it was a lot further along and much more polished that yours currently is.

You should keep working on your project, but most certainly DO NOT put it up on Greenlight yet. The first week of exposure is critical, and is one of the major determining factors of getting greenlit. I got 60% of my total votes for Retro-Pixel Castles in that first week, the rest came from serious marketing between my Kickstarter, sending about 20+ emails a day to news sites, and of course the awesome people here on JGO.

Don’t go to Greenlight until your project’s quality rivals Terraria or Starbound. If you can’t reach that level, then just forget Greenlight all together. As cliche as it sounds; Playing in the big leagues is a whole different ball game, you have to compete with the big boys. So, unless you really think you’re just as good or better than the proven titles in similar genres, you won’t get anywhere. :slight_smile:

I know that sounds harsh and I don’t mean to be. I’m just trying to give you the blunt truth now before you toss out 100 CAD. You have to completely change your entire perspective when you start considering Greenlight. You must compare yourself with the leaders of the genre, the real, proven games by actual professionals. No one, and I mean absolutely no one will care if you’re just a hobbyist who wants people to play his “kool game”. They just want something that’s a blast to play, and something as good or better than the games they already can get.

Just my 2 cents. Keep at it, consider Greenlight later. :slight_smile:
[/quote]
lol i guess i wasn’t clear enough on my ambitions. Greenlight is planned for 1+ years from now at least. but thanks for the pointers anyway :slight_smile:

on the grand scale, all that this is right now is a shitty project by some random kid in all honesty ahaha.

it’s always great to hear advice from someone on a more personal level.

Just for the heck of it, i’ll give my my full scoop.

i know people have to pay for greenlight for a reason. and steam games mean business, nothing as undevelopped as this can make it super far. before it can get posted, performance needs to be perfect, gameplay needs to be awesome, gui needs to be pleasing to the eye, storyline has to make sense etc. and on top of that, people need to LIKE the game.

Congratulations on your retro-pixel castles game. I was wondering who made it and are planning to check it out, i’m happy you made it in. Being in direct contract with you is pretty awesome.

;D

FINALLY a new PC

Dad hooked me up with a new computer, this will be beneficial to TritonForge and anyone who likes my YouTube Channel.

k3vR0f0Lzx0

^ This :slight_smile:

Thanks :stuck_out_tongue: How did you find it originally? I’m still trying to figure out how much actual exposure I have now a days.

I first saw it on some random ad, then when i came to this website it was everywhere, big ads, sidebars, videos. the presentation is
REALLY well done by the way, i had checkd it out virtually as soon as i saw it.

My new PC is at home and set up! this post was written on it lol.

Ran a test and its smooth as hell constant 120fps, idk but it feels so good to see it running smooth.

Programming complex features etc is now possible.

[b]Screenshots showing placeholder mobs and/or jumping particles.

world generation screen improving.

WIP Liquid.

settled liquid.

[/b]

BLOCK DROP AND PICKUP ADDED FINALLY!!

now this is turning more into a playable game ((:
HUGE progress in the long run even if this is a simple addition.

notice how the block is dropped, then added to inventory upon contact.

Also particles are being used more and more in breaking blocks, water splashes etc…
mob AI stays the same for now however.

New YouTube video up

a-Xm3a4aSJM

Granted thread re-opening :point:

Special thanks to Riven for reopening this. (:

Anyway, TONS of new music has been made and stuff but heres what i will showcase.
Smooth Lighting is in the works rn etc but here are some videos showing the light variations, sky changes(old, the sky is a gradient now but color transition is the same), and the new ability to modify Background tiles!

PVmAP7LdR_g

46bN6RKyRtA

1O5jA8-hhUc

Blocks now drop with random rotations when broken, the head moves with the mouse, animation system redone from scratch for the character, and menus have been added. world dimensions, seed, and name are now modifiable. That means yes, saving and loading is in beta, it makes a TF folder in your AppData directory. A storyline has been made and is going to be impolemented, three new underground biomes have been added as well. Cheers to new life for this game, and see you in the future.

PS: Easter egg, World maps are now exportable as bitmaps.

Hello everyone, I am currently having conversations with Black Shell Media, so that means this is serious business!

AS far as updates go, this is just a video from a while back showing the brightness change between the phases of the day. It’s now dynamic, so at noon its brightest and midnight is dark as can be. The change is slow as seen here.

7jys9DR_9fU

Pretty satisfying if i say so myself.

Good day to everyone :smiley:

PLAYABLE DEMO RELEASED

TritonForge v1 is released. this is my first official build release as i have separated the project completely to add new features.

Be sure to download and give feedback, this is VERY VERY early in development so make sure to keep that in mind.
enjoy

TritonForge V1