Titan Attacks

noticed a cool new trailer

http://www.youtube.com/v/NMrOJxX_P0c&hd=1&fs=1

Also the game was missing from the featured section.

FEATURED.

Nice Artstyle you have overall in the several games I saw.

When did you come up with that?
Was the style intentionally designed, or did it evolved over time?

wow, I jsut watched the trailer, and I gotta say that is a good trailer!

It just evolved really. It was designed to be timeless, so our games didn’t immediately date; easy to draw, so it didn’t take Chaz ages to make sprites (#fail on that one unfortunately); and fast to render. It’s grown up from what it was back in 2005 when we started using it. Revenge of the Titans doesn’t really look retro at all. Or indeed like anything else. Titan Attacks just had a makeover to make all the graphics hi-res. A bit of an irony that I now need to use the low-res ones for Android.

Cas :slight_smile:

It looks very unique.
I like it when looking at the graphical style, I can recognize the developer.

(Remember the BitmapBrothers?)

Now available on Steam! Existing customers can get FREE Steam keys here: http://www.puppygames.net/steam

The Cynical Biscuit checks out Titans Attacks :slight_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/v/KrJVlfFj9uI&hd=1&fs=1

According to him, princec your parents need to be slapped around their faces ;D

Oh and remake Death Race in this graphics style, and you’ll win his heart :smiley:

Can’t load the video. What’s happen?

Banned in your weirdy country? :persecutioncomplex:

For 4th time, it’s not weird but suck :slight_smile:

Not banned but in my country ragtag have limited bandwidth. “can’t” means “delayed as hell”.

Wow, I see this came out for PS4 + PS Vita today!!!

What tech stack does this use? Does this use Java in any way?

…NO!

There’s no route from Java to PlayStation, end of. At least not one that is easier than simply porting the entire thing to another language or platform that the PlayStation supports. As it happens we have a C# version running under Mono, but the PlayStation stuff is C++, ported by Curve Studios (and it took them twice as long to port the game as it took us to write it from scratch in the first place in Java - and they had all the design and graphics done for them - food for thought)

Wow, I see this came out for PS4 + PS Vita today!!!

What tech stack does this use? Does this use Java in any way?

…NO!

There’s no route from Java to PlayStation, end of. At least not one that is easier than simply porting the entire thing to another language or platform that the PlayStation supports. As it happens we have a C# version running under Mono, but the PlayStation stuff is C++, ported by Curve Studios (and it took them twice as long to port the game as it took us to write it from scratch in the first place in Java - and they had all the design and graphics done for them - food for thought)

RoboVM gets Java apps running on iOS. There is nothing stopping that same route from working with PS4. However, the RoboVM guys probably haven’t put much effort into PlayStation support.

Why did you do the C#/Mono version? How does that compare to the Java version on Win/Mac/Linux? Why not use the Mono version for PS4 since Mono is baked into the PS4 OS?

There’s a gulf of distance filled with missing hair between “it just works on PlayStation” and “the RoboVM guys probably haven’t put much effort into PlayStation support” :slight_smile:
There’s basically no route to PlayStation via RoboVM. There could be but as usual there is unlikely to be any commercial interest as almost nobody uses Java to make games, mostly on account of there never being much in the way of a serious competitor to Unity and Mono.

We didn’t do the C#/Mono version ourselves - it woz Paul Cunningham wot dun it just for shits and giggles really. At the time we were wrangling with Curve we didn’t really know what we could do with the C# version but it might make porting Ultratron and Droid Assault considerably cheaper than the C++ port as they’ve already been optimised for consoles (albeit the 360).

RoboVM gets Java apps running on iOS. There is nothing stopping that same route from working with PS4. However, the RoboVM guys probably haven’t put much effort into PlayStation support.

Why did you do the C#/Mono version? How does that compare to the Java version on Win/Mac/Linux? Why not use the Mono version for PS4 since Mono is baked into the PS4 OS?

There’s a gulf of distance filled with missing hair between “it just works on PlayStation” and “the RoboVM guys probably haven’t put much effort into PlayStation support” :slight_smile:
There’s basically no route to PlayStation via RoboVM. There could be but as usual there is unlikely to be any commercial interest as almost nobody uses Java to make games, mostly on account of there never being much in the way of a serious competitor to Unity and Mono.

We didn’t do the C#/Mono version ourselves - it woz Paul Cunningham wot dun it just for shits and giggles really. At the time we were wrangling with Curve we didn’t really know what we could do with the C# version but it might make porting Ultratron and Droid Assault considerably cheaper than the C++ port as they’ve already been optimised for consoles (albeit the 360).

I sure hope it makes more money than it costed