TAFSJ - The Actually Finish Something Jam

Finishing up core classes.

I’m in! Here’s what I got after 20 minuets of coding the core classes.

Mine may or may not feature low-res & color depth CGI :persecutioncomplex:

Mine is pretty much done except for sounds… it isn’t that much of a game anyway but I had fun playing it…

I have some friends playing it to see what they think… When do we submit it?

On new Years.

January 1st 2015

I’m dropping out. Not because I don’t want to finish, but because I would rather be with friends and family than sit by my computer all day programming.

I may even go outside, if I can remember the way out.

Yeah, same here, but I’m still gonna work on the game. I’ll post back here when I’m finished. Whenever that may be… lol

so does the game jam start at new year or is it until the new year??

It is until new year. We are started two days ago.

This is my progress for today. Did collision detection, basic scene, graphics and also a good font.

http://puu.sh/dK4BM/68c26bfa73.png

Plans for tomorrow, improve collision detection (I’ll try to trace out polygons from the textures).

so when does the new jam start?

Maybe after January 1st or on the same day, one thing I ask is to give 10 days time for each JAM, we can get more quality games done in my opinion.

I sold all my friends in family for a new intel processor months ago. It actually increases my productivity.
[sub]Kidding[/sub]

@Heroes family always comes first :slight_smile:

As mentioned the Jam technically ends at Jan 1st, but really just post your progress Jan 1st and you can always continue and update your game.

@VirtueeL If people want another one than that could happen. It kind of depends on how many people want another one. Its up to the community.

Can I post progress of my modeling tool?

Its kinda more leaned towards games, but if you are making progress on a relatively long running tool, I won’t stop you, go for it :slight_smile:

I personally think the 7 days are okay because it spices up your Monday a bit, but some people may be busy with some other things during the week so 8 - 10 days seems reasonable. That also changes the due date each week.

Motivation’s a bitch as usual, but I did some basic particles; looks alright: (ignoring temp tank texture)

Probably going to need multiple textures and of course some colors to make it look good.
Also some problems creep in when entities are handled by box2d and particles not…

The shot looks really nice, the trail looks a bit funny, there are too many particles. I think you should thin down the amount, and possibly putting one on either side so it looks like it is coming from the treads.

Hmm, you might be right. Instead of spawning one cloud per frame in (roughly) the same spot, how about alternating between sides? (thus half the frequency each)

The duration of the clouds might still be a bit long, but that’s even easier to tweak.