Spritesheet vs TextureAtlas

Hello everyone,

I want to be able to have my players choose between different options of hairs and cloths and render it on to the screen. I know it is possible to do it with a basic “naked” character spritesheet, then render the hair and cloths on them at certain positions. But I am also wondering if I can do the same for sprites that are created in… lets say spine. Since spine requires one huge sprite sheet be imported, then you can put the images in certain places and add a skeleton to it. I do not know if it is possible to add different hair and cloth options for players to choose from without having to modify the original image.

I do not know if I was clear enough with my question. But some examples of games which have different clothing and hair option for each player would be games like La tale, and Maplestory.

Afaik spine allows you to link multiple images (e.g hair variants) to a bone and set their visibility. All the images will get exported to the texture atlas, so you can change the one shown in your game to the players choice via the spine runtime later.