Pixel Towers - Android / Desktop Game

Thanks everyone for checking it out :slight_smile: Glad to hear the game is enjoyable!

Cheers,
Bach

It’s really nice game, may i ask how long did it take you finish this project ? I mean the time from scratch to uploading to the market ?

It took us (we’re a team of two) just over a month to create the game. We’re only doing this in our spare time so we unfortunately don’t have as fast of a turnaround as we’d like :wink: But, for whatever reason things went fairly smoothly with this project and we’re able to make good progress…

Cheers,
Bach

I see so with a team of 3 or 4, it’d probably take sth like that too, cuz we have no libgdx experience at all. Thank you.

Nice love the gfx

Drop me a line if you get stuck. Always happy to help if I can :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Bach

I’ll do so for sure, you asked for trouble :smiley: Thank you :slight_smile:

Can’t play in linux?[quote]java PixelTowers.1.0.4.jar
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: PixelTowers/1/0/4/jar
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: PixelTowers.1.0.4.jar
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
Could not find the main class: PixelTowers.1.0.4.jar. Program will exit.
[/quote]

It has to be “java -jar PixelTowers.1.0.4.jar”

meh, new error:[quote]Not a directory: …/pixeltower-android/assets/gfx
Exception in thread “LWJGL Application” java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.thegreystudios.pixeltower.screen.SplashScreen.present(SplashScreen.java:86)
at com.thegreystudios.pixeltower.Game.render(Game.java:38)
at com.thegreystudios.pixeltower.PixelTower.render(PixelTower.java:26)
at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(LwjglApplication.java:163)
at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:113)
[/quote]

[/quote]
Sorry you’re having troubles :frowning:

What kind of gfx card you got in there? The game needs shader support, so if it’s a really old card / some intel onboard it might struggle with this. The point the code fails is when it tries to get a handle on the gl context. Should this be handled better in code? Yes absolutely :smiley:

Sorry, I haven’t had much time yet so far to polish up the desktop version… It was just quickly packed up so that more people can have a look at the game. I’ll hope to clean things up a bit more very soon.

Cheers,
Stefan

It’s an onboard video card in my linux machine :frowning: I installed in on my Acer A500 tablet, it works great on it. My 5yo son likes it. A few questions though: When the people move, the appear to be “animated” so they aren’t 1x3 pixel sprites are they? What does it mean when it says “slow down”? Did I manage to get a power up, or is it telling me I’m going too fast?

Hey,

Thanks so much for checking it out! :slight_smile:

The little people are actually only 3 pixels, but the bottom “leg” pixel is changing colours slightly which might give it the appearance of actually being animated.

All the power ups are colour coded. So if you get a coloured block it means you get a power up. The purple one is the “Slow Down” which means the crane slows down and doesn’t move as fast.

Cheers,
Bach

Just a quick post to let you know that the Pixel Tower’s tune is now also available for purchase from Gavin Harrison’s Bandcamp. This is a great opportunity to support Indie Games Music!

In style of the rest of Pixel Towers it’s completely up to you how much and if you’d like to pay for the track.

Here’s the link: http://gavinharrisonsounds.bandcamp.com/track/pixel-towers

Cheers,
Bach

Looks very awesome. Smart mechanic.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Just got this for my Droid X running CyanogenMod, and it’s great. Like everyone else has said, great style, sound and keeps you interested! It’s great to see something using libgdx, I want to be using that myself very soon :slight_smile:

seems as if libgdx is bugged
I’ running on ubuntu 64bit and it fails when it trys to load

/tmp/libgdx/848365368/liblwjgl.so

when it of course only had unpacked

/tmp/libgdx/848365368/liblwjgl64.so

Seems like you’re using libgdx stable, try the nightlies.

It works fine on my Galaxy Ace , android 2.3.3 :smiley: I’ve played a lot today, it’s addictive! :o And I just looove how it looks! Good work! :slight_smile: