OMG!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

jME’s site is down. :frowning:
Suspended page error. :frowning:

I love jME, why does it have to die?

jME is truly the only engine I have had a lot of fun working in.

My guess is someone forgot to pay the bills or doesn’t have enough money to pay the bills.
If I had the money I would donate at least $1K but unfortunately I don’t have a job.

The site has been down yesterday and today… don’t know why, but it has happened one time before also, and got fine the same day.

Don’t worry :slight_smile:

Don’t worry, I’m sure Mojo will clear things up with the isp after the weekend. It’s probably something to do with the number of mysql connections he’s alloted or something. If it turns into a big issue, we 've discussed possibly moving to another server. jME is in no danger of disappearing though.

Yeah, I’ve contacted them and am waiting for them to fix it. No idea what the problem is. Nothing bad has happened to jME just idiot ISP problems.

Seems to have been down awhile.
Not a very good service provider…I’d dump them for someone more reliable imo.

It was down longer then it was last time. Maybe jme should start looking for a new isp. Hopefully it will be back soon. Don’t loose hope in jme.
:slight_smile:

Howabout a backup/mirror on the JGF server? None of the technology pages are even specified yet, so I’m interested to hear ideas that may shape how we design this part on the new JGF.

Perhaps all you’d want is an upload area where the tech lead can mirror the static HTML pages directly onto a sub-area of the JGF server? I guess I could configure a jme.javagamesfactory.org sub-domain through the JGF server, but that’s going to require installing BIND and probably testing the J2EE API’s to programmatically manage sub-domains.

This is the quick-n-dirty solution. Also acts as a convenient backup if your ISP ever completely disappears off the planet, but … won’t store forums, at best it will store a snapshot of the forums (which, of course, is a lot better than nothing).

How about a live server in the first place eh Adam? hehe :slight_smile: Get on with it!

Cas :slight_smile:

Sarcky git ::). I don’t do anything else with my free time :(.

Update:

After finally getting ahold of a live person, they pointed me to the “abuse” folks. Something with the forum being abused, so I contacted them… and am waiting AGAIN. I’ll keep you updated.

This issue has brought down everything including my e-mail, so if you are trying to e-mail me, I ain’t getting it.

Mojo can you still control the doname name? If so I suggest that you redirect it to this form. I am sure that some people do not know about it.

redirecting a domain name to a new URL just to switch it back again would take way too much time and effort.

Maybe forum is not prepared to hold big posts ? There is a plenty of such in code review area, it might have put some not-so-optimized code in trouble. And I have just posted another megapost with patches for CompositeMesh just before forum went down…

Not sure what they are having a problem with, but they locked me out completely (e-mail, admin, all pages, etc). They apparently feel it’s fairly serious, which I don’t think they would do if the forum had too large of posts on it. shrug Hopefully, the abuse people respond before too long.

Ok, we are back up.

Huhu, what was it that made them shut it down?

You can fined mojo’s explanation for the site down hear.

http://www.mojomonkeycoding.com/jmeforum/viewtopic.php?t=1160

YAY!!!

Thanks Mojo. :smiley:

BTW: The guy said “possibly” suspend your account permamently.

I’m sure if you explain to them about the hacker they would understand.

Well, they are the ones that told me about the hacker, so they know what happened. Apparently phpbb had a major flaw pre2.0.11 allowing hackers access. I upgraded the software, so now all I can do is hope that’s enough.

How can your ISP be such an insensitive prick? :frowning:

It isn’t your fault and you shouldn’t be punished.