Old 3d graphics

So most people don’t get it, but I’m a massive fan of some of the old so called terrible graphics from systems like the ps1, and earlier 3d pc games. I was wondering if anyone with more knowledge on 3d graphics than I could tell me what is causing a few of these, and maybe if there is a way I can achieve this today?

I think I get a few things - low resolution and linear filtering for that blurry look?

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

So in some games, (Dungeon Keeper (#3) - the floor) when you look up close at textures they begin to curve or warp?

Also on loads of playstation games when anything moves it sort it… stutters around? #1 is silent hill, and at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI5FCJF-Fas&feature=player_detailpage#t=389 (6:29) you can see his hands going wild even though they are still.

I also don’t understand how they used to light their games, even with modern hardware lighting is the bane of my life performance wise. The last 2 are resident evil survivor stories. I don’t see they lit them, is it lightmaps for the level and ambient for the players? Whenever I used ambient lights everything looks terrible, but in the outdoor parts of Silent Hill I couldnt figure out how it was lit, but it does’t look horrendous. And the colours, were they limited?

Purely as a hobby type project, I want to achieve the kind of graphical look many old playstation games had and am a huge fan of low poly models of which I make many.

(I know #2 is pre-rendered backgrounds not sure why I included that one)