NewsFlash - Winner

[quote]oNyx: Give this link a whirl Linky

GD
[/quote]
I get redirected to that page:

(* that isn’t true, if those requirements listed at that “click here” link are correct)

Well, after cfmdobbie’s short summary I guess it wasn’t worth the trouble.

edit:

but why oh why can’t anyone do streaming video correctly?

Why oh why does everyone think streamed video is a good thing anyways? It’s about as nice as having trousers which can display a video on your arse :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Why oh why does everyone think streamed video is a good thing anyways? It’s about as nice as having trousers which can display a video on your arse
[/quote]
Actually the quality was quite acceptable. ;D

However …
OK here is the platform independant technology for those with a petite arse then :stuck_out_tongue: http://www.on2.com/jplayer/index.php3

Don’t think so. Thas was it.

"There was a contest, the winner is Cas, congrats; but now to something really cool … "

Kind of disappointing, TBH.

Congratulation to Cas and all coders of PuppyGames :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

GREAT WORK!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
More Gratz to cas & Puppy Games :slight_smile:

It couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy :wink:

• Dom

An inspiration Cas !

Good Work !

Now, how about an article on the gory technical details of what it took to develop the game !

You’ll be kicking yourself if I tell you how easy it was…

Cas :slight_smile:

Wait until the prize arrives before saying things like that! ;D

[quote]You’ll be kicking yourself if I tell you how easy it was…
[/quote]
Good gameplay doesn’t require a lot of complicated programming.

Yes, congrats! As a side note I went to the puppy games site looking for the game yesterday and could not find it.

http://java.sun.com/javaone/general_sessions2.html

The transcript of the session doesn’t even mention the contest. :frowning:

Obviously is wasn’t a big deal…

What’s really sad about that is that it could be the phantom that throws egg in Sun’s face. Statistically speaking, the phantom is a damn risky bet (look at how many failed consoles litter history :(). So I’m a bit surprised Sun chose to have a person (CEO etc) on-stage for a console rather than for a game, but maybe they know something we don’t.

The Phantom is a very suspicious bit of hardware. And they really, really should be talking to me about LWJGL.

Cas :slight_smile:

We getting any closer to finding out who the other winners are? Presumably they’re already notified… at least you’d hope so.

Kev

Bueller? Bueller?

I see Chris just responded to another post, maybe he’s making his way over here…

Sorry all for the delay…now…the winners!

Gand Prize: Super Elvis!

First Prize: Flying Guns

Honorable Mentions: Zoltar’s Return and Stream Glider

Congrats to the winners!

-ChrisM