New feature: appreciation results in post medals

A few of you got that the entire point of the transient webshop was to boost your generosity index. That’s how I did end up with a handful of gifted virtual stuffed dukes, with various values. Nobody however thought of handing over their expensive code, they attained through their bribe. While I was disappointed by the lack of generosity, I realize that life goes on, and the last round will have to be rescheduled, with new unlikely expected behavior.

Why are your posts green, I want my posts to be a color. A slight red perhaps.

You gave him >= 3 appreciation, which automatically highlights his posts for you.
You can turn the highlighting off by going to his profile and changing his post visibility.

I still want all my posts slightly red, no matter the cost.

i remember blue, green, and red dukes…maybe it’s for this?

You had better go and learn how to hack. :persecutioncomplex:

Seems like the way Riven has it setup is to show a green image in the background of your posts and it seems trivial to plugin new code for a different tint for yourself. I was successfully able to modify the HTML code to show a red tint to your messages so you should be able to do it by making some kind of browser plugin for yourself that automatically edits the page ;D

If it’s CSS, you could just use stylish. Otherwise, use GreaseMonkey (or TamperMonkey if you’re on chrome)

It’s CSS, but the CSS rule uses an image (it’s a gradient after all)

I want it red for everyone, guess I need to improve my hacking skills. ::slight_smile:

Naahh I don’t want to have your posts highlighted! :stuck_out_tongue:

I was actually just testing the feature rather than being legitimately generous.
Pretty sure I gave one item to Jimmt, however he never said anything, meaning that he properly never noticed, making it kinda useless.

Wait…what? Really? Never noticed :clue:

Due to persistent medal harassment (some people seem to flood me with medals in an attempt to get back at me), I generously took 10 whole minutes out of my spare time and capped the amount of medals one can give to one post to… one. Don’t get the wrong idea, you can still get multiple medals for one post, it just has to be from distinct members.

Also, the ‘dishonored’ can’t receive nor award medals during their ‘timeout’, and are prevented from destroying content. I might rename ‘dishonored’ to something else, something more lighthearted, as it seems people take it pretty personal…

This concludes the daily announcements. 8)

Outcasts

That’s not really lighthearted either :wink:

Sin-binned? Maybe too culturally narrow.

How 'bout “JGO Volatile” or “JGO // FIXME” ?

Due to persistent medal harassment (some people seem to flood me with medals in an attempt to get back at me), I generously took 10 whole minutes out of my spare time and capped the amount of medals one can give to one post to… one. Don’t get the wrong idea, you can still get multiple medals for one post, it just has to be from distinct members.

Also, the ‘dishonored’ can’t receive nor award medals during their ‘timeout’, and are prevented from destroying content. I might rename ‘dishonored’ to something else, something more lighthearted, as it seems people take it pretty personal…

This concludes the daily announcements. 8)

“JGO // FIXME” sounds like “this ain’t working, someone needs to fix it”. It’s like this person is needs some serious help before he/she can be re-incorporated into the JGO society.
“JGO Volatile” sounds like the person can be manipulated by different parties, without a real hope that it gets better

“JGO //XXX:” - “It works, but it aint pretty”

though this doesn’t sound much lighthearted either …