Need volunteers to help Program a new Game!

Hello all Programmers,
Here at A.K.E.B we have been planning an MMO Virtual world game, based on Managing your own space station!
It lets players hire staff, build spaceships, destroy and rule planets, and also lets them attack other players spacestations. We would be grateful if you helped us develop this game and make it become a reality!

Jobs needed:

• Java developers to help program the game
  • Java developers to enable the MMO side of the game
  • Other contributing would help!
  • Graphical Designer (WE WILL PROVIDE CONCEPTS AND DRAWINGS.)

To apply you need to provide:

• Java programming experience.
  • Graphics Design experience.(IF APPLIES TO JOB)
  • Name
  • Email
  • Position applying for

Apply at: apply@akeb.site50.net

We will give you credit!

Just when I thought “I want to make MMORPG” threads had gone for good… :emo:

How would we benefit from this and what / who is A.K.E.B?

It’s a Game development organization me and my friends have started, and I’m sorry but we can’t offer any money yet :frowning:
But i guess its good for learning?

Just so you know pretty much all MMORPG or MMO type games that come here wind up being started by newbs which clearly don’t have the skill to make a game like this (nor do I), just giving you the reasons why this is a bad place to come unless you can prove that you are truly capable of such a game

EDIT:
as herosgravedev once said

I don’t mean to hate on you but you should prove yourself before you expect anyone else to prove themselves.

I’m going to be blunt - judging by your recent posts you should be learning basic Java, not recruiting people to work on an mmo.

If you’d want to really make something serious then you’d need to advertise.

You can’t collect people if you haven’t got a proof that it’s something that’s going to be big, like several screenshots or probably some kind of concept art. It’s just like people asking noobish questions simply by saying “How can I do [insert anything]?” instead of asking “I’ve done this and that. That’s what I try to do now and that’s why I need your help”.

Additionally it’s helpful if you show more specifically what you struggle with and why you need more developers.

One last thing: Show us (or the developers who might consider joining your project) what makes your project stand out between all those other guys pretending to be able to create an MMORPG…

Any idea how hard an MMO would be?

Any idea how hard it will be to work in a big group?

How many people?
What are/is each person’s field of work?
How much experience does each have?

These are questions that need to be answered before anyone could consider joining.

Also, an MMO is not just about programming. It is also about massive server farms. It takes brilliant programming and big money.

Off Topic :
i just don’t understand why many new game “maker” (i didn’t say developers cause they are not yet) dreams about making a super big MMORPG, i mean, why do they like them so much :stuck_out_tongue: i never loved any mmorpg before,i played wow for weeks and get really bored before even reaching the max level, i know that this is a matter of taste, but why those guys are so racist about small beautiful adorable playable tiny little games :3 ? why it should always be an mmorpg :stuck_out_tongue: ?

On Topic :
focus on basics, level up your skills, when you are ready to create a small mmorpg by yourself, start recruiting others to make your small mmorpg into a big one.

Was that an intended pun? :stuck_out_tongue:

Because it’s got everything: Multiplayer/online, often 3D, story, crafting, trading, messaging, character creation… and it would just be super awesome if you got your own MMORPG.

People come to me with game ideas THIS BIG, like this:

• “hey man, you’re a programmer aren’t you?”
  • “uh, yes, I am”
  • “can you make a game where players can insert crazy stuff here? Online, of course.”
  • “GAWD do you realize that your idea is on the market for 5 years and was developed by teams of hundreds of people for 2 years?”

I don’t want to be rude, but I think many can relate to this.

oops ::slight_smile:

The problem with MMORPGs is that the market for them is corrupt, biased, and full of immature 12 year-olds.

MMORPGs have the potential to be amazing games, but they’re ruined by big companies and their customers.

Problems:

• Subscription & free-to-play models. Free-to-play is okay, IF DONE PROPERLY, which it unfortunately never is.
  • Grinding. Who wants to repeatedly press keys for an hour so they can repeatedly press keys for another hour?
  • Combat system is lame. Please, make it require some skill. Clicking is BORING :cranky:
  • Female characters. I’ll leave it at that. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Trying to give freedom while regulating everything. Make up your mind. Regulate it, or don’t. Trying to go halfway makes both terrible. (Example: Trading)
  • Class systems. While some have done this fine, others haven’t. People want to be able to experiment with different play styles, not pick one randomly, not knowing the best choice, and get stuck with it. There are also other problems with class systems, but most are not as common/annoying.

While there are many other problems with MMORPGs, most are fixed by solving the above.

By far, the best MMORPG out there is…

Realm of the Mad God?!

Yes, that’s right.

Realm of the Mad God USED to be a very, very good mmorpg, back when it was under Wild Shadow.
After Kabam took over, everything changed…game became very p2w, kabam broke its own promises, didn’t fix bugs, pushed new code without testing, etc. Good example of a good game ruined by bad (terrible) management.

It’s not quite P2W - I’ve managed to a few items being sold in the nexus from loot.
But yeah, I would prefer it if you didn’t HAVE to use gold to buy some things.

I wish Wild Shadow didn’t sell out. :emo:

But still, I’d rather play RotMG than other MMORPGs (except, maybe the ones from Artix Entertainment)

I hold a grudge against Kabam, mostly - invisible enemies? duping, which crashed the ecnonomy, unsolved for a month? saying that they wouldn’t sell top tier items for real money, then later doing so?

Off topic:

How the hell are you going to play any PC game if you don’t want to press keys or click the mouse? That’s literally how you play games. What happens on screen is just visually stimulating, which is why we enjoy it.

On topic:

He will probably never come back to this thread…

@Troncoso: Keyword = repeatedly. ie: without any change to the situation.