Mini Quests

Applet not working for me.

32 bit Windows 8 Pro, Google Chrome 26 and Java JDK 7 update 21

Serves me right for using Applets. ::slight_smile:

One of these days I’ll have to see whether libgdx can spit out an HTML5 version that works more reliably. (I’m assuming that far more people come across the Android version these days, so the browser version is low priority.)

I don’t know what the problem can be, other than just the general rubbishness of Applet plug-ins. It works for me on Chrome (JRE 7 update 25) but I’ve never tried on Windows 8.

Ah well, thanks anyway for giving it a try. :slight_smile:

I am on windows 8
Chrome v29
JRE 1.7_09 x32
JRE 1.7_25 x64

and some other JDKs setup of 1.6 and 1.7, not 100% sure which one my chrome is pulling from because I’ve mucked with my %PATH env var’s sooo much

Works fine for me in applet

Serves me right for using Applets. ::slight_smile:

One of these days I’ll have to see whether libgdx can spit out an HTML5 version that works more reliably. (I’m assuming that far more people come across the Android version these days, so the browser version is low priority.)

I don’t know what the problem can be, other than just the general rubbishness of Applet plug-ins. It works for me on Chrome (JRE 7 update 25) but I’ve never tried on Windows 8.

Ah well, thanks anyway for giving it a try. :slight_smile:

Part of the joy of Applets is their unpredictability. ::slight_smile:

Thanks for testing! That’s at least one thing that the world can’t blame Windows 8 for. :wink:

I am on windows 8
Chrome v29
JRE 1.7_09 x32
JRE 1.7_25 x64

and some other JDKs setup of 1.6 and 1.7, not 100% sure which one my chrome is pulling from because I’ve mucked with my %PATH env var’s sooo much

Works fine for me in applet

Part of the joy of Applets is their unpredictability. ::slight_smile:

Thanks for testing! That’s at least one thing that the world can’t blame Windows 8 for. :wink:

Wait, you are still developing this after such a long time??? I (w/c)ould never do that, (I always want to start over again and program it even better than before). But amazing you can!

Wait, you are still developing this after such a long time??? I (w/c)ould never do that, (I always want to start over again and program it even better than before). But amazing you can!

Not continuously. :wink: I switch between working on a few different things. And when I’m working on this, it’s usually to add a completely new dungeon, so it feels like I’m making a new game.

At this rate I reckon the game should be completely finished in about three years, so check back then to see how it’s going!

(And, yes, I know how perverse it is spending so long making a game that no one plays. If I knew how to make games people like, I’d be doing that instead. ;D )

Not continuously. :wink: I switch between working on a few different things. And when I’m working on this, it’s usually to add a completely new dungeon, so it feels like I’m making a new game.

At this rate I reckon the game should be completely finished in about three years, so check back then to see how it’s going!

(And, yes, I know how perverse it is spending so long making a game that no one plays. If I knew how to make games people like, I’d be doing that instead. ;D )

I saw you ported it on the Ouya too, I saw a nice tweet from some ouyatwitteraccount :smiley:

Have fun anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

I saw you ported it on the Ouya too, I saw a nice tweet from some ouyatwitteraccount :smiley:

Have fun anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

Annual Update!

I’ve just unleashed the latest version of Mini Quests, which has four massive(*) dungeons.

Oh, and the Android version of the game has just passed 100,000 downloads, which is rather nice.

(*) massive-ish

Annual Update!

I’ve just unleashed the latest version of Mini Quests, which has four massive(*) dungeons.

Oh, and the Android version of the game has just passed 100,000 downloads, which is rather nice.

(*) massive-ish