Mini Quests

Samsung Infuse 4G, it works fine for me. Fun game btw! :slight_smile:

libGDX uses LWJGL underneath for desktop :wink:

Hmm, it works okay for me, so I don’t know what to suggest. I’ll upload to Android Market eventually, so that should simplify installation.

Pretty straightforward, but with plenty of scope for making stupid mistakes. ::slight_smile: In my case, getting the Android “Hello World” example to work was the biggest headache (typos in the Android manifest file can be pretty unforgiving).

Porting the graphics in my case was trivial (basically just Nate’s code above). As ra4king says, any OpenGL stuff should transfer straight across (although it’ll be OpenGL ES on Android of course). I don’t know how much of libGDX’s 2D/3D frameworks you’d want to use (I haven’t really got my head around those bits yet), but of course you’re free to just ignore them if you’ve got code that does the job already.

Reading the code for the demo games is a good place to start in my opinion.

Simon

Thanks for the info on libGDX, it sounds really interesting to move into it.

Regarding the link problem, it should be my cellphone… I knew I had to ask Santa for a new one ::slight_smile: I’ll try to download the APK in my computer and copy to my phone SD.

Works fine on my Samsung Galaxy S (2.3.3.).

Imho the android version is better. Because now I know which key I have to press to go in the specific direction.
Very well done!

I was finally able to play it in my Wildfire! It works great, though sometimes a bit slow (for instance in the rotating-fire room of Dragon quest).

The link error must have been a problem with the previous version of Android as it vanished when I updated it to a newer version.

I agree with Apo, making the corners of the screen control the movement is much more intuitive.

It works great on my Android! Good job! The controls are easier to understand now. So it wasn’t that difficult to port the game to Android? I’m tempted to try it with my own games now.

Thanks for trying it, guys! It’s a really nice surprise that it’s working as well as it is (so far :persecutioncomplex: ).

Seeing something you’ve written appear on the phone’s little screen makes all the effort worthwhile. 8)

For what it’s worth, the only things I needed to change to port the game to libGDX were:

• File loading (very straightforward)
  • Sound (much easier than in plain Java, although I’ve run into some bugs dealing with OGG files)
  • Controls (just replaced keys with regions of the touch screen)
  • Game loop (hmm, bit of a hack but it seems to be holding up okay)
  • Application lifecycle stuff (took a few attempts, but it’s just a few lines of code in the end)
  • Graphics (trivial in this case, especially with Nate’s code to copy)

Simon

Wildfire is about the worst Android phone (sorry), so the game is probably ok everywhere else.

I’m traveling but will try it soon! :slight_smile:

I rage quit’ed when I drowned in lava :stuck_out_tongue: It is a pretty good game the controls are a bit wacky but besides that it is pretty cool and has quite a bit of potential.

Update:

• Game progress should now be saved automatically (using cookies for the browser version).
  • The Android version is more polished (still in need of thorough testing though).
  • Assorted tweaks to dungeon difficulty.

Cheers,
Simon

Now on Android Market. Links above updated appropriately.

Some time later…

Update: Dungeon Number Three is on its way!

I’m finally close to adding a new dungeon to the game. Yeah, it’s been a while. :wink:

If anyone is kind enough to try it out for me, the dungeon beta is here. But if you haven’t played the game before, it’s probably more sensible to start with the full game (without the new dungeon): Applet or Android.

The new dungeon is a bit bigger than the old ones. And harder? Tell me what you think! ;D

Cheers,
Simon

Some time later…

Update: Dungeon Number Three is on its way!

I’m finally close to adding a new dungeon to the game. Yeah, it’s been a while. :wink:

If anyone is kind enough to try it out for me, the dungeon beta is here. But if you haven’t played the game before, it’s probably more sensible to start with the full game (without the new dungeon): Applet or Android.

The new dungeon is a bit bigger than the old ones. And harder? Tell me what you think! ;D

Cheers,
Simon

New version released! The game now features an astronomical number of dungeons (three to be precise).

Applet / Android

(Four posts in a row… I think that means the next one has to be my last if no one else replies. I guess I’d better save that post for the next dungeon announcement - about a year from now at the current rate. ;D )

New version released! The game now features an astronomical number of dungeons (three to be precise).

Applet / Android

(Four posts in a row… I think that means the next one has to be my last if no one else replies. I guess I’d better save that post for the next dungeon announcement - about a year from now at the current rate. ;D )

Update: Now on Ouya!

Update: Now on Ouya!

Awesome game, unique controls and perspective! :stuck_out_tongue:

Applet not working for me.

32 bit Windows 8 Pro, Google Chrome 26 and Java JDK 7 update 21

Awesome game, unique controls and perspective! :stuck_out_tongue: