Ludum Dare 29 (Beneath the Surface)

It’s that time again.

Ludum Dare 29 is this weekend.

For those who don’t know, Ludum Dare is a huge competition (2213 entries last time) where you have 48 hours to make a game solo. There is also a jam run along side that has more relaxed rules, goes 72 hours, and you can work in groups etc.

For more info, read the rules linked to below.

Links
Competition Site
Rules & Guide
Previous Competitions

Theme voting is going on now, so be quick to make sure the themes you want have a better chance.

It’s a great competition and you should seriously consider joining if you aren’t already.

Shit.

Stress aside, I’m excited! I may only go in for 24-32 hours, though. :frowning:

• Jev

Most of us sleep so you’re not at too much of a disadvantage.

I would love to participate, but unfortunately I work ~15 hours over Saturday and Sunday. Absolutely awesome, right?

Good luck to everyone else though!

I would like to participate, but it looks that I won’t find time for a full ludum dare… I think I will see what the theme is and if I have time and I think I can churn out a little game in 24 hours I’ll take part…

This will be my first Ludum Dare. I’m so pumped! Now I only need a simple web hosting service to upload my game once finished… :stuck_out_tongue: What do you guys which upload libgdx/gwt-games usually use?

I just throw things up on Dropbox.

I’m in!

Shameless self-promotion: for people looking for simple Java/Processing/LibGDX/Android/etc hosting, check out the link in my signature to Static Void Games. :stuck_out_tongue:

I might take part :slight_smile: not sure yet as i’m still pretty new to game development but it would still be great fun ;D

The only bad thing that comes out of is that you don’t finish, you will gain everywhere else.

I’m not going to participate, my mid term examinations are coming from Monday :frowning:

Looks like Ludum Dare just got a new applicant ;D

I like to host things on my own servers. :stuck_out_tongue:

/******/

No idea if this competition will work out for me or not. I also most likely won’t be doing this in Java, so I don’t know how relevant talking in this thread will be. C/C++ deserves some love too you know! :stuck_out_tongue:

[sub][sub][sub]Please, no language wars.[/sub][/sub][/sub]

• Jev

Are you joking?? This is literally the 3rd Ludum Dare that has come up on a weekend where I have a huge test the next day. :emo:

Man.

Have fun guys, hopefully I’ll be able to participate next time. Who am I kidding, there’ll probably be a funeral or something then.

You should try MiniLD. They go on every month or two IIRC.

• Jev

Thanks, I hadn’t heard about it before. I’ll go check it out.

You might also want to check out CompoHub, there are tons of game jams going on all the time: http://compohub.net/

And the 3hrGameJam occurs every weekend: http://3hrgamejam.com/

I used to host a competition… Now it’s fair to say it’s mostly dead, though I might bring it back later. It was intended to be similar to the 3 Hour Game Jam, but… different…

• Jev

I’ll also be participating in this ludum dare. It is my first ever competition, but I have decided to go out and enter the compo as opposed to the jam to give myself a real challenge. Will see how I can perform with LibGDX under such tight conditions :slight_smile:

Didn’t they post a major thing about the MiniLDs being canceled from now on?

They did link a bunch of the other more often hosted compos though.

I might try but… Graduate project. Yay.