LodeScape RPG

Added a cool tool system for the game :smiley: you can now use a hatchet(for trees) a pickaxe (for mining) and a sword (eventually for killing creatures) And heres the download http://goo.gl/WGqyh and a video

tpuU4gGP7XE

Added a cool tool system for the game :smiley: you can now use a hatchet(for trees) a pickaxe (for mining) and a sword (eventually for killing creatures) And heres the download http://goo.gl/WGqyh and a video

tpuU4gGP7XE

Added a walking animation to the game - Someone commented on my youtube video asking about this and that reminded me it looked a little weird just gliding around. The downloads not updated since this isn’t really major, heres a little video for it:

sELCcBA6coM

Added a walking animation to the game - Someone commented on my youtube video asking about this and that reminded me it looked a little weird just gliding around. The downloads not updated since this isn’t really major, heres a little video for it:

sELCcBA6coM

Mob System has been implemented. I think its cool but would love to hear opinions.
Download: http://goo.gl/Hj4Q1

QdfMfajjbDg

Woah,

the grass tile looks very repetitive.

Perhaps there is a way so each tile’s texture is flipped in a random direction?

Thats something I noticed I never thought about flipping some tiles. Currently I draw it with:

void draw(SpriteBatch batch) {
		//draws grass image (64 , 64) everywhere
		for (int i = 0; i < Gdx.graphics.getWidth() + 128; i += 64) {
			for (int j = 0; j < Gdx.graphics.getHeight() + 128; j += 64) {
				batch.draw(Assets.grass, grassX + i, grassY + j);
			}
		}
	}

With this i’m not sure how I could do that… I guess I will have to think about it, unless you have any suggestions?

Mob System has been implemented. I think its cool but would love to hear opinions.
Download: http://goo.gl/Hj4Q1

QdfMfajjbDg

Woah,

the grass tile looks very repetitive.

Perhaps there is a way so each tile’s texture is flipped in a random direction?

Thats something I noticed I never thought about flipping some tiles. Currently I draw it with:

void draw(SpriteBatch batch) {
		//draws grass image (64 , 64) everywhere
		for (int i = 0; i < Gdx.graphics.getWidth() + 128; i += 64) {
			for (int j = 0; j < Gdx.graphics.getHeight() + 128; j += 64) {
				batch.draw(Assets.grass, grassX + i, grassY + j);
			}
		}
	}

With this i’m not sure how I could do that… I guess I will have to think about it, unless you have any suggestions?

Added pigs that drop bacon :smiley: also re added that mining robot now with moving animations for up down left and right. More mobs and animals should now be simple to add. If you have suggestions for which to add feel free to tell me.

0dUAQm8Mujk

Added pigs that drop bacon :smiley: also re added that mining robot now with moving animations for up down left and right. More mobs and animals should now be simple to add. If you have suggestions for which to add feel free to tell me.

0dUAQm8Mujk

I think this game is headed in more of an RPG direction then I originally intended. The whole free roaming concept isn’t really doing it for me. I was in a google hangout with my friend and we came up with some ideas which you can view here: http://goo.gl/DCq38 All input is welcome.

I think this game is headed in more of an RPG direction then I originally intended. The whole free roaming concept isn’t really doing it for me. I was in a google hangout with my friend and we came up with some ideas which you can view here: http://goo.gl/DCq38 All input is welcome.

I really like the idea of the game and it looks pretty cool. I know they aren’t really meant for your game but just make the creepers hone in on you and explode when close ;D

I’m pretty sure this would be simple enough to add. Its from my current tile based game I’m working on and I doubt its the first somebody did this but I came up with it myself (made one of those minor hurray moments). I’m not sure if you are already adding something but I noticed they weren’t following me when I was playing.

Edit* Redid it how Jimmt said I should :slight_smile: -Took out the comments though hope it still makes sense enough

public void tick()
	{   
		if(npcSleep > 50)
		{
			npcMovement();
			npcSleep = 0;
		}npcSleep++;
	}

public void npcMovement()
	{
		int distFromPlayer = (npcX + npcY) - (PlayerChar.playerX + PlayerChar.playerY);

if(Math.abs(distFromPlayer) < 15 && Math.abs(distFromPlayer) > 5) 
		{
			npcChase();
		}else{
			npcRandomMove();
		} 

if(npcMoved && GameMain.tiles.walkable(WorldGen.block[npcX + xDir][npcY + yDir].blockType))
		{
			updateNPCPos(xDir, yDir);
			xDir=0;
			yDir=0;
			npcMoved = false;
		}
	}

public void npcRandomMove()
	{
		xDir = (new Random().nextInt(3)) - 1;
		yDir = (new Random().nextInt(3)) - 1;
	}

public void npcChase()
	{
		if(npcX + (new Random().nextInt(20) - 10) < PlayerChar.playerX + (new Random().nextInt(20) - 10)) // I added Random to these so that they dont travel in strait line
			xDir++;
		if(npcX + (new Random().nextInt(20) - 10) > PlayerChar.playerX + (new Random().nextInt(20) - 10)) // 20 - 10 is more of a loafing around kind of feel
			xDir--;
		if(npcY + (new Random().nextInt(20) - 10) < PlayerChar.playerY + (new Random().nextInt(20) - 10)) //change to something like 4 - 2 for a more direct chase down
			yDir++;
		if(npcY + (new Random().nextInt(20) - 10) > PlayerChar.playerY + (new Random().nextInt(20) - 10))
			yDir--;
	}

I really like the idea of the game and it looks pretty cool. I know they aren’t really meant for your game but just make the creepers hone in on you and explode when close ;D

I’m pretty sure this would be simple enough to add. Its from my current tile based game I’m working on and I doubt its the first somebody did this but I came up with it myself (made one of those minor hurray moments). I’m not sure if you are already adding something but I noticed they weren’t following me when I was playing.

Edit* Redid it how Jimmt said I should :slight_smile: -Took out the comments though hope it still makes sense enough

public void tick()
	{   
		if(npcSleep > 50)
		{
			npcMovement();
			npcSleep = 0;
		}npcSleep++;
	}

public void npcMovement()
	{
		int distFromPlayer = (npcX + npcY) - (PlayerChar.playerX + PlayerChar.playerY);

if(Math.abs(distFromPlayer) < 15 && Math.abs(distFromPlayer) > 5) 
		{
			npcChase();
		}else{
			npcRandomMove();
		} 

if(npcMoved && GameMain.tiles.walkable(WorldGen.block[npcX + xDir][npcY + yDir].blockType))
		{
			updateNPCPos(xDir, yDir);
			xDir=0;
			yDir=0;
			npcMoved = false;
		}
	}

public void npcRandomMove()
	{
		xDir = (new Random().nextInt(3)) - 1;
		yDir = (new Random().nextInt(3)) - 1;
	}

public void npcChase()
	{
		if(npcX + (new Random().nextInt(20) - 10) < PlayerChar.playerX + (new Random().nextInt(20) - 10)) // I added Random to these so that they dont travel in strait line
			xDir++;
		if(npcX + (new Random().nextInt(20) - 10) > PlayerChar.playerX + (new Random().nextInt(20) - 10)) // 20 - 10 is more of a loafing around kind of feel
			xDir--;
		if(npcY + (new Random().nextInt(20) - 10) < PlayerChar.playerY + (new Random().nextInt(20) - 10)) //change to something like 4 - 2 for a more direct chase down
			yDir++;
		if(npcY + (new Random().nextInt(20) - 10) > PlayerChar.playerY + (new Random().nextInt(20) - 10))
			yDir--;
	}

Thanks for that I’ll see if I can use ur to help me. I originally planed to make the creeper follow you after you got but I had some problems on the way I handle movement. I can change this and make the creeper follow you relatively easily. I have other priorities atm but it will eventually get done.

Thanks for that I’ll see if I can use ur to help me. I originally planed to make the creeper follow you after you got but I had some problems on the way I handle movement. I can change this and make the creeper follow you relatively easily. I have other priorities atm but it will eventually get done.

instead of using

if(behavior == "foo"){
bar();
}

You should create different methods for the different behaviors, avoiding a big messy method. Also makes your code readable, because you can easily tell what the behavior is at the method call, instead of having to figure out what the behavior string is.

The way I started it (about 2 weeks ago) i had it started in separate methods. Just fixed that problem I was talking about up there ^^^ So this will be easy to achieve when I get the time for it.