LodeScape RPG

Cgf locust resistance

Ahahaha :smiley: This looks awesome! :slight_smile:
Still needs some art-work on the trunk though :slight_smile:

Try adding infinite terrain, with the background grass texture on repeat, and trees and stuff added randomly on terrain. Besides figuring out an algorithm for random trees, it shouldn’t be too hard.

Ahahaha :smiley: This looks awesome! :slight_smile:
Still needs some art-work on the trunk though :slight_smile:
[/quote]
I did notice after staring at it, that it looks a little awkward :clue:

That’s a goal, but do you have any suggestions on making the unlimited terrain? I really am not sure about that one… The trees seems easy although detecting for overlapping trees might take some thinking. Also just as a follow up any chance that AI code helped you out?

Didn’t really help cause I don’t use libgdx, I personally prefer Slick2d, but it may have been helpful for others xD

The AI part is not really libgdx specific haha :slight_smile:

Well just check out this article if you are having trouble with deltaTime problems.

also, @isteinvids do you have any idea on how to get unlimited (background) terrain working? I am trying to find some stuff on the internet but no luck so far.

You mean the repeated grass?
This could help;

That worked pretty good although still not unlimited (stuck at a fixed amount)

I did manage to do infinite background texture, it is made with Slick2d, but as long as you can get background texture width and height, it should work c:

Press space to toggle repeated texture, you should understand something if repeated texture is off.

Executable jar: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52647185/Infinite%20Background.jar

Source code: http://pastebin.java-gaming.org/cb94c832e5b

You’re welcome ;D

Could you give me some insight on the variable names?

grX and grY are just image width and height, gX and gY are position of grass texture, and you shouldn’t have to use toggleX.

Basically, the texture is in middle, and if it moves exactly it’s own width/height, it moves back to it’s original place. So, if the image is repeated, it gives the illusion of infinite terrain.

Btw, if you couldn’t tell, I’m really bad at explaining my own code :confused:

You got a name yet?

Not yet… any suggestions for a name?

@isteinvids I reached my message limit for the day concerning that repeated texture. Do you have an email to talk with?

You got Skype? Mine is emir.rhouni

Mine is wreed12345 , I couldn’t add you when I tried, is yours private or something? Maybe try adding me