Judging due tomorrow (results now due on March 31st)

Is anybody else excited?

'cause I’m pretty darned excited.

(edit by appel: changed title.)

Let’s hope so :slight_smile: I haven’t checked where the other judges are at.

I have 10 games left to review, going to finish it tonight.

What time tomorrow?

Keep in mind that while the 22nd is the expected due date, there is a lot of work involved and the judges are working on their free time. We’ve seen the judging delayed until the end of march previous years, so it’d be quite a feat if they were all done by the 22nd. :slight_smile:

With that said, I’m hoping to see some results today (it’s 13:14 on the 22nd here in australia…) as well! :>

Ok, I’ve taken a little peak at the reviews and here’s the status:

Out of 5 judges:
2 have finished
2 have finished around half
1 hasn’t submitted any reviews

I believe that Sunday might be too optimistic. But I’ll announce any change tomorrow.

I’ve got about 30 left to go, going to try to do them all tonight. Gonna be a late night!

1 hasn’t submitted any reviews <-- How lazy :stuck_out_tongue:
(kidding)

Correction: Now I have 30 left. I just reviewed about 20 and I think my reviews are suffering at this point (I just seem to be grouching to people about their shortcomings) so I’m calling it a night. I’ll try to get the last 30 done over the course of tomorrow.

Yeah. I know how much work it can be - I’ve done competition judging/voting too. :slight_smile:

We all appreciate the effort you’re obviously putting into this, Demonpants - don’t feel too rushed.

Judging this many games is a lot of work. If the judges need more time then they should have it, in my opinion.

I’m sure everyone appreciates their effort.

They should not hesitate to take one or even two more weeks to make their reviews. There’s no hurry and it would be completely justified by the record number of games of this year.

Ah, shame they’re not finished, I was just going by what’s on the front page.

Take your time, judges. (But please keep us informed, it’s nice to know how close to results we are.)

Yeah, it’s a lot of games, but I’ve definitely tossed quite a few chances to get some of them done. If I had never procrastinated then they would have been finished last week. It only took about 2 or 3 hours to get 20 done last night - that can be easily spread out over many days.

Regardless, no sense in feeling bad about the past. I don’t want to force a deadline extension so I’m going to do everything I can to finish them up today.

New deadline: March 31st.

I feel confident that it will be ready by then. No more extension will be given. I’m sorry to keep delaying this, but we can’t publish anything until it’s ready to publish.

Thanks! ::slight_smile:

All right, well I’ll definitely have them all done by then. Thanks for the (second) extension.

I can tell you’re totally slacking off, posting stuff on the ludumdare compo blog! That entry must’ve taken several minutes to write!

Joking aside, I’m confident you’re doing good work here. Keep it up :slight_smile:

Agreed, thanks for the extension! TOO much going on overall and these games are many and FUN to play!

On a side note, 4 things I will be doing with this contest:

1. Big blog post with links to all of the games and content after I get done reviewing.
  2. I want to have the winners, and Appel, on my radio show for discussion. It is a dial in show and I can provide an international dial-in so no costs are incurred. (Check out my radio show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/shiftradio )
  3. Want to see how we can get this published to Java.Com
  4. I will be tracking down the folks from the IGF and seeing if we can get a section in next year’s IGF. That one is more difficult, but will be discussing at GDC this week.

-Chris

Cool! You’d better do that stuff next year too when I’m an official entrant instead of a judge! :stuck_out_tongue:

All right, only 9 left. I’ll get those finished in the next couple of days and then I’m all done. And fortunately they’re all extensive and thoughtful reviews - I didn’t have to make a bunch of short crappy ones thanks to the two extensions.

I will also have the last of mine done, but it won’t be until the 31st. GDC was GOOOOOOOOOOD :slight_smile: