I’ve been playing around with both Slick2D and libgdx for a while now, trying to decide which to use for my game. What’s the general consensus these days on which one to use?
- Easier to start using, more familiar to people who’ve used java 2d etc.
- Does the basics and doesn’t have a whole lot of extra stuff I don’t need
- The recent Mojang ‘Mojam’ seems to have made the forums busier again
- Not really being maintained any more, the maintainer himself has suggested libgdx to people
- Newer, maintained and still being developed
- Seems to have plenty of featres…
- … if you can find them in the semi-complete docs. It’s hard to find how to do even basic things at times
- Almost seems to do ‘too much’ for my needs - I’m just creating a desktop game
So I guess my questions are, if I feel more comfortable using Slick2D, should I? Or should I put the time in to learn the ‘libgdx way’ of doing things?