I HATE coffee

Coffee won’t be LD theme. On slaughtering we’re encouraged to kill object name.

I drink one coffee a day, in the morning. BUT! I make sure I eat something 15 minutes before I do, that seems to prevent any stomach problems that I would normally get from coffee.

I don’t drink it because I need it; a healthy sleep should cover that, throwing coffee at yourself to wake up is only treating the symptom. I drink it because it is damned tasty.

Nothing better than a smooth flat-white (or three) from the hipster cafe across the road.

I like Hyderabadi Chay more. I accidentally clicked “Appreciate” SwampChicken.

I’ve never tasted coffee before.

I drink Diet Coke or Coke Zero all the time…sometimes too much ;D

That’s why you become fat! ;D Try coffee, good for diet.

Why do people drink zero or diet anyways?
They are all marketing victims :frowning:

I’m on a low-carb diet, so I can’t have sugar :wink:

I mostly drink fruit juice blends from TJ’s, but they are too sweet, so I dilute them with water and usually add a few squirts of lemon juice. The citrate is supposed to help kidney stones from forming. It is very refreshing that way, and maybe will be allowed by the lowcarb diet, if the juices are diluted enough. I am very wary of sugar substitutes.

A song on Coffee: Just remembered it while watching tv.

ymus_virFTo

A translation into english (meaning) by me.

Dear friends,

Everyday, coffee is the real kick
Big problem comes if we can’t get a sip
It is great luck to get a cup of coffee
It is the elixir.

Hail coffee!

There is nothing when compared to it in the whole universe
Hence we tie you to our lips
We hail it with our tongue everyday
We fight for bed coffee with wife without mouth wash
Coffee can stop an angry man and cools the tongue

Oh coffee for what the universe strives,
Oh coffee that saves our lives,
Tongue gets watery upon seeing the way decotion comes out from seeds
It can stop suicides.
Man gets angry on early calls without you and destroys his contacts
And then, they make a cup of coffee in urgent

They dont wait for any thing but they wait endlessly for cofee.
They mix the coffee from one cup to another for several times.
It is even used in temples! Most of the universe is stable with coffee.

Namaste coffee! Namaste! No one can stay without saying ‘Adbhutaha!’, that is ‘Awesome!’

Yeah sorry, but sweetners do the same thing.
They make your body extra active on carb processing, so you will get the same amount of carbs + some extra poisonous materials from the sweetners.
If your on a diet, better just drink water, almost any drink contains (high) amount of sugars or some replacement for it.
But everyone his own thing, (i drink / eat way to much sugar), so i cant really say im any better :slight_smile:

That’s FUD; the body does absolutely nothing with sweeteners. Except possibly aspartame, which possibly it helpfully metabolises into methanol to make you terribly ill eventually.

Cas :slight_smile:

Two cups a day is my maximum. One in the morning and another whenever I enter my programming phase of the night.

If you want something as an alternative, you can always try green tea.

Idk, you are right that its not fully psychical, but it does have effect on calory intake :slight_smile:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/12/04/saccharin-aspartame-dangers.aspx

I did read in New Scientist about an interesting effect when exercising and taking no-cal sweetened drinks versus real glucose energy drinks - seems that you can fool the tastebuds but not the brain. No time to dig up link though. The gist of it was, taking actual sugar immediately increased stamina, whereas artificial sweeteners had no effect at all on performance immediately or subsequently.

Cas :slight_smile:

Of course real sugar has other (additional) effects then sweeteners, im only talking about the diet part, im sure there are some pros/cons at both sides, but weight-loss is not one of them, since sweeteners have the same or worse effects.

Sugar gives a direct rush, because its easily absorbed into your bloodstream.
Sweeteners, however, are showing effects inside the (lower) intestines if im right.

The problem is Aspartame is the most used sweetener it seems, and I would rather put a bullet in my head than consuming that :smiley:

It seems “invert sugar” is a nice compromise

somewhat related article on the effect of sweeteners regarding the insulin level: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/artificial-sweeteners-insulin/#axzz2eOcbNNlo

I’ve been on this diet for 4 months, have been drinking Diet Coke/Coke Zero quite religiously, and have still managed to lose 35 pounds. Sweeteners do nothing to me. :slight_smile:

The coffee machine at work makes the most wonderful lattes. I am a slave to the coffee machine. It has got to the point where I am watching my weight for the first time in my life, all because of those darned lattes.

And by the afternoon I am weird and shaky from all the caffeine. I’m trying to switch to skim milk decafs.