Heroes of Loot

Got to level 21. Nice game :slight_smile:
The lighting is pretty intresting :wink:

I want to play this game! How can I get OpenGL 2.0 drivers? I have only directx ones in the given CD.

I’m not knowing which to download at the download page.

The OS is Windows 7 32 bit.

Thanks.

OpenGL is GPU based, your graphics card has to support it.

Yeah it’s not driver based, so don’t screw up your computer trying to fix things :wink:

I’ll look at fixing things on the game end, it should be possible to have the game run in opengl1 which is more widely supported… but it will take time!

I think my card has support for it since I have no problem running graphic apps which uses directx 11.

It doesn’t run on my mac but I played it on a windows machine. It’s really promising as a starter. its not a seriously commercial game so I wich you had released it as an open source software so newbies like me could’ benefit from your efforts. Having the code released as open source I guess you still could ask for donations as well. That way people would be more tempted to donate since they’d also benefited from you code.

the game is actually still being worked on and will be a “serious commercial” game :wink: Quests are now added to the new version, and a better progression is being added.

This release was also to check the Java gaming waters as I have no experience with it or pc/mac game releasing at all. There are a couple of bugs with resolution and opengl, but mostly it’s been a good experience and I plan to bring more games and release the full Heroes of Loot once it’s done.

Now adding Quests to the latest version, they start simple and include any tutorial-stuff masked as quests… which I thought was pretty smart :wink:

http://www.orangepixel.net/heroesofloot/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Screenshot_2013-04-07-19-13-45.png

(screen taken from the mobile version, but also coming to desktop version)

That ‘Q’ still looks like an ‘R’. Can’t say I envy the task of trying to make a 3x5 font though :slight_smile:

not a lot of room to make it work :wink: I managed to avoid using the Q mostly tho, so that helps!

Any game that uses “Starteth” is a winner in my book :slight_smile:

Kev

Challenge accepted. (at least to fix the Q)

Bigger with nearest neighbor filtering.

Close enough.

I like it! might replace my Q with your Q ! :wink:

I originally was not thinking blocky corners like you have so this is what it was like before changing.

Feels wrong with all the other characters being blocky.

This was my try in inspiration of what was posted before:

Go for matheus’ He has taken the best of the 2 I made and some how through unknown black magic combined them into one. Bravo old boy!

:smiley: Thank you :slight_smile:
Actually It’s only a pixel difference, but with such little images this makes a huge significance :slight_smile:

a great in-depth preview look at the latest build :
gPy5PhigeyI

a great in-depth preview look at the latest build :
gPy5PhigeyI

Just found this gem here.

Needed to switch to Java 6 on OS X (crash on Java 7 due to older lwjgl), but a very fun and addictive game to play!

Donation on its way. :slight_smile:

/ A fellow Dutch indie developer.