Heroes of Loot

http://www.orangepixel.net/heroesofloot/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Screenshot_2013-03-22-14-47-59.png

I just released my first ever desktop game: Heroes of Loot.

It’s a very action-oriented rogue-like, with a lot of looting, shooting, shopping, leveling and more.
This release is part of the OneGameAMonth.com jam and is my (http://www.onegameamonth.com/orangepascal) March entry. The game is fully playable, but a lot more content will be added for an official release in a couple of weeks.

The desktop version was made possible thanks to LibGDX!

Grab the game here: http://www.heroesofloot.com

!! creator of Gunslug! ;D

It looks good. Unfortunately as citizen of a developing country of Asia I can’t pay even one cent.

The game looks amazing! Love the art style of your characters :slight_smile:

Awesome stuff! Ran through to level 15 then got squished :slight_smile:

Kev

thanks! was a challenge getting them in 12x12 pixels and look different :wink:

really nice, love the art style.

FEATURED.

cool! thanks :smiley:

@kappa:
you use no scoring points again?

The game is highly polished in pretty much all the area’s in the scoring system, uses a rather stable framework/library (libgdx), didn’t find anything worth criticising or think that adding a score out of 10 would assist much in helping improve the game. Besides users can always add their own comments and reviews (even a score).

Ok, I give Kappa a 7/10.

The game is awesome.

Cheers,

Kev

That was fun, very slick indeed.

I’ve been playing a lot of Gauntlet lately so was a bit shocked when the ghosts kept popping up out of nowhere rather than spewing forth from generators. It seemed a bit unfair.

How about mine? I use libgdx too :stuck_out_tongue:

Topic:
Yeah as known, there is audio mute bugs. I tried to reproduce (don’t worry I like to play it repeatedly ::slight_smile: ) but nothing common unless, it happened when you enter other dungeon level or shop.

I can’t run the game. It shuts with this error.

Exception in thread "LWJGL Application" com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException:
Texture width and height must be powers of two: 122x42
        at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:113)
Caused by: com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: Texture width and height must be powers of two: 122x42
        at com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.Texture.uploadImageData(Texture.java:204)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.Texture.load(Texture.java:179)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.Texture.create(Texture.java:159)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.Texture.<init>(Texture.java:133)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.Texture.<init>(Texture.java:122)
        at com.orangepixel.infdungeon.myCanvas.engineInit(myCanvas.java:131)
        at com.orangepixel.utils.ArcadeCanvas.create(ArcadeCanvas.java:129)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(LwjglApplication.java:127)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:110)

I actually had the gauntlet spawn-boxes in the game first, but it was too boring for my liking :wink: Changing it to “Randomly” spawning everywhere changed the game to a more action focused thing, which I was aiming for.

hmm that looks like OpenGl 2 wasn’t supported.
any info on your pc and the java version?

Java version.

java version "1.7.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0-b147)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 21.0-b17, mixed mode, sharing)

System info

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.120830-0334)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/10/09 13:54:22 Ver: 08.00.12
          Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core  CPU      E5300  @ 2.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
             Memory: 1024MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1014MB RAM
          Page File: 1571MB used, 466MB available

Display Devices

Card name: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
       Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
          Chip type: Intel(R) GMA 3100
           DAC type: Internal
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C2&SUBSYS_82B01043&REV_10
     Display Memory: 251 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
      Shared Memory: 251 MB
       Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (75Hz)

Quick fix for NPOT images: pack them into a power-of-two Pixmap (either manually or with PixmapPacker) or use the power-of-two option in your Texture Packer tool. You should not rely on all users to support non-power-of-two textures, even if they support GL 2+. :smiley:

Nice game.

The game is alright and fun depending on the strategy you take. It was kind of weird to me that the different avatars didn’t create different play styles, but that is just nit-picking. The game is pretty decent.

I found one major bug that interferes with game play though. You can go through locked shop doors which will take you to a small room on the other side of the door. When you try to escape, then you’ll be taken to the shop window and able to buy the potion item. Afterward, when you leave the shop, you’ll be locked in a small room behind the shop door with no escape. I did it by accident the first time, but then I managed to do it with each character avatar.

Other than that, it is very cute, like-able, and fun to play.

I got to level 11, but then a opening/closing wall crushed me. :frowning:
Most of the time I just ran through the level, spamming attack if things got harry.
It is very fun, good job. ;D

the small rooms are actually secret area’s :wink: the fact that they sometimes spawn at the same location as shops (or even exits) is a bug that is being fixed