FarSky

Hi everyone !

http://www.farskygame.com/img/coverSmall.png

With FarSky, you take the role of Nathan who got lost in the Ocean after the crash of his submarine. You need to learn how to survive in the depths of the Ocean.

Use the environment to gather resources, build a base to refill your oxygen and manage all your items, craft equipment and weapons to explore and protect yourself in the Ocean depths, create an in-base farm or go fish hunting to feed yourself,…

Your ultimate goal is to find all the pieces of your submarine, fix it and reach the surface. You can also choose to play in Sandbox mode to enjoy the game freely with a wider map!

All maps are randomly generated to immerse you in an unknown world.

Link to website

YamUf5o-Mrc

Hope you’ll enjoy it !

I really like the art style and graphics. I can tell you put a lot of work in this :). demo soon?

Looks good!
love the atmosphere
keep it up!

Looks quite nice and very smooth.
Will the world be pregenerated or random(/infinite)?

Looks good and polished, very unique idea for a FPS (no one needs another cod game).

Thank you all for your comments ;D
@kingroka123: The game is free during alpha development (should be in this stage until November/December). I’ll put a download link. I can not put it now, sorry for that, but in a couple of weeks or less for sure!
@Drenius: The world is pseudo-randomly generated, each new game will generate a new map with some common structures. It won’t be infinite but big enough to have a lot to play and to stay fun. I try to build maps just as big as needed, not too much, to keep the gameplay interesting and avoid getting bored by the size of the maps.
@Jimmt: I agree. I really try to make something different. The game will focus on many more aspect than just the shooting parts, even though it is maybe not very obious in the current state of the game.

Amazing graphics, one of the best wips i seen in a while.
Love the plants and monsters, did you make these yourself / random generated?
I would really like to play this soon :smiley:

Yeah, cool to see something else (under water (atlantis ::)) adventures)
Only your blood particles ruin the game lol

Thats right, the blood looks a little bit odd…

I really like the idea and the graphical style so far. Seems like it’s going to be a great game. But like a lot of other people have said, the blood particles, and the noise in my opinion, take away from the style of the game. They seem out of place.

I think having the entity glow red without the blood effects would look fine. Also I would suggest looking into a new sound, as it kind of doesn’t match the “style” of the game, but that’s just my opinion.

Great game so far. Will be sure to check back on its progress.

Thanks for your feedbacks ! I really need them as I’ll update the game according to it.
@RobinB: plants and monster are designed using Blender. I export them in .obj and made a class to import them. Animation is done on shader side.
@Herjan & Drenius & Elsealabs: A friend told me the same thing about the blood particle. I’ll look into that. But maybe it looks weird in this video, normally it is not coming out from the monster but is integrated to the GUI to see clearly damage amount.
@Elsealabs: Some noises are already subject to changes, like the hit noise. Do you refer to other noises ? (maybe all :stuck_out_tongue: )

That’s why they are so ugly :-\

Yeah, if they WOULD come out of the monster, they’d maybe look ok…

I actually really like all the noises, except the one that the blood makes. I really like the background music too.

Another thing that would make everything look a lot more connected was if the plants showed some sign of connecting to the ground, whether it be a change of ground color, or texture around the base of the plant, or something like that.

Would you possibly consider making it open source and tracking progress through something like Git/Github? I’d love to see the code, and follow the progress like that. If not, that’s totally understandable, though.

“The game is free during alpha development” sounds like he’s planning to sell it later…

Ah, that sucks. It’s reasonable though.

There are a lot of details to finish, but I like the concept and I like atmosphere very much. I had a real underwater feeling from the video.

Ubisoft might not like the name very much… :wink:

The atmosphere and feel is quite calming, and you’ve got the “be-alert” music for fight scenes spot on. Good luck!

Man, how do you do this in java?! All of the models are so good!