Exiled Kingdoms -Classic RPG- now on Steam!

Grats on that third recovery!

The fact there was a scroll of recall means the chest respawned, randomly, but the quest was still in the stage where the seal ring has never been taken yet.

I was wrong, when your inventory is full, you can’t pick up more items, they don’t go to the ground (that only happens when you are given an item, during a script, for instance a quest reward during conversation).

So my only plausible scenario, apart from a massive bug (which certainly is possible, there’s a LOT of stuff going on in the mere act of picking up an item here…), is that it was never taken, maybe you hit “take”, and didnt notice your inventory was full, and then closed the container window and teleported away. The next time you entered the dungeon, as you never took the ring, it respawned again on the chest, this time with a different random loot (i.e., the scroll). If it had been taken, it wouldn’t respawn again.

New version uploaded (as always, it can take several hours until it’s updated in Google Play).

v.0.4.719 - 17/5/15

-Various bugfixes related to item stacking
-The “Take” Button will be disabled when inventory is full.
-fixed viewport for aspect ratio different than 16:9
-Companions can now train skills! (just passive ones for now)
-Balance: Slightly nerfed Cleric skill Heal Wounds, and clerics can’t wear plate anymore.

Full changelog here

Really wish I didn’t sell my Android now :frowning:

Game looks really good! The art looks great and I love these type of games :point:

I’ll come back to this…at the moment, The Witcher 3 needs all my attention… ;D

Hehehe, understood, take your time, I don’t want to burn out my best testers too early…

however new testers are always welcome, guys. :wink:

by the way:

v.0.4.720 - 24/5/15

-Added new quest in Jabal.
-Fixed quest Forgotten Lore, which could become bugged if you walked into certain dungeon too early. If you did it, the quest will be fixed when you load.
-Fixed stacking bug related to Take all button on full inventory.
-Fixed the collisions in Gorx Lair.
-Balance: monsters will be slightly stronger now in levels 5+.

Full changelog here

Another issue that makes me play less is that I have actually no real clue what to do next. The lore seekers won’t let me in and I have no idea how to improve my reputation among them. And the other open quests leave me clueless either…

Well, I will add a lot of content in the next “big” release, i.e., 0.5., where I’ll add many new areas and quests. If you’re already level 7 you may want to wait until there is more stuff to play “in a row”. But Loreseekers quest is completable. The second one is (SPOILER) in Deadwood. there was a tavern rumor about that, but likely I forgot to add the reference to the journal when you listen to it…

Minor point; I think the game runs in locked landscape mode, can you get it to run in orientation-landscape?
I want to be able to turn my tablet 180 degrees if I am playing while charging, otherwise the cable get’s in the way.

Thanks, added to my to-do list. Makes a lot of sense to allow the user to rotate as they choose.

I’ve been working hard in various code refactoring, and making some libraries work. Yeah, that kind of frustrating stuff that actually doesn’t add anything visible to the game, but must be done nonetheless. :stuck_out_tongue:

In particular, I’ve been fighting with the Android Extra Package library, to download some of the assets separately: sounds and music, for now.

As it deals with external storage and other stuff that is device-dependant, I would be able to sleep much better if some of you guys updated to 0.4.726 and told me if all seems to work ok, and in particular, if you can listen to the music and sounds. The update should be in google play in a few hours.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Sound and music are fine. But there’s this quest where I’m supposed to kill 10 coyotes…and so I did. And so says the journal but the quest giver seems to think otherwise, so I can’t complete the quest.

Thanks, I’ll check. Once more, my quest scripts suck.

Regarding raising the Loreseeker faction, just finish the Forgotten Lore quest and you’ll have enough faction to continue with the main quest. There’s three you have to locate.

The thing is: I’ve no idea who this Anton Gerdt guy is that is supposed to have more jobs for me nor do I know where to find him. It would help if the journal entries would offer some additional location information.

Yikes, you are right. He’s in the same spot where you gave him the first journal, in Kingsbridge(He is behind the Town Hall). I guess most testers talked to him right after giving him the first journal, or shortly after.

I tend to write that kind of things in journal entries, but obviously missed that one. Thanks for spotting it.

Both things will be fixed in .730.

OK, I found him…but I’m clueless again. I have to find some loreseeker. She’s in Kingsbridge according to the journal. I guess that doesn’t mean the town alone but the whole section of the map? Anyway…I searched in this Kingsbridge section for quite some time, but couldn’t find a trace. All that I found was a skeleton in the dead trees in the south-west that had nothing…?

Go have some drinks anywhere, and the answer might come…

I had multiple drinks but to no avail…

Hmmm I’ll check it then. Maybe something is wrong.

SPOILER: she’s in Deadwood, but not very deep.

And I know it seems like the last updates are not adding much, but I’m working hard in a big update, which includes ranged attacks, random encounters, banking items, and half a dozen new areas. Until it’s all ready I’m only releasing nightly bugfixes.

It crashes for me in some dungeon near New Garand. I killed some cultists and when I’m trying to loot them, it tries to cast NPC into Loot and fails. You should have received an error log via the internal error reporting function.

Edit: I’ve found the second loreseeker, now I’m stuck on the third. “Tunnels near New Garand”…no idea where that’s supposed to be. Obviously not in that tomb to the east but that’s the only dungeon like thing that I could find near New Garand. Or my definition of “near” isn’t compatible with the journal’s one… :wink: Drinking in the inn doesn’t help either.

Thanks, that tomb is actually the right place to find Riella… I am checking it as soon as I get home… In 12 hours :stuck_out_tongue:

I swear I am never going to design again three-staged quests that spans over a dozen conversations, a dozen scripts and six areas. Forgotten Lore is turning my hair white :clue: