Exiled Kingdoms -Classic RPG- now on Steam!

I guess I’ll have to look again then…but I actually did and haven’t found anything… ???

Check the room in the middle of the area. If you were there when the quest was not yet active, there was nothing. But now you should find her (and someone else, be warned)

I see… honestly, you totally overdid it with the skeletons and ghosts in that area… >:(

Maybe… :stuck_out_tongue:

I advise a potion of death ward for ghosts. Plus some gear, of course.

Okay, this should fix your crash:

v.0.4.735 - 12/6/15

-Screen orientation will now rotate if you rotate the device.
-Slightly lowered projectile damage.
-Fixed a bug that increased the DPS and HP of companions.
-Updated spawn tables for orcs. They should become more of a challenge(and provide better rewards) as you level up
-Fixed various small bugs.

Right, I have aquired a newer device and will pick up testing of this again. A minor comment is to make the hired hands stronger. I hired someone for 100 gold in the first town only to see hI’m slaughtered by the first goblin we ran into :slight_smile:

That’s great. Welcome back :slight_smile:

Indeed, the town NPC spawns are almost placeholders right now; that’s a very important part of the game yet to be fully developed, as in towns there will be many random NPCs of all sorts, from merchants, to questgivers to minstrels, thieves, etc. Those puny mercenaries are not very useful right now.

On the other hand, if you recruit and fully equip one of the two available companions, they’re rather powerful (and immortal)

Also, I just uploaded a new build:

v.0.4.736 - 17/6/15

-Memory and graphical optimization. The game is lighter on memory usage now.
-New areas added: Southern Jabal Hills, Sydarun Oasis. Still rather empty, but they’re there.
-Made the goblin spawns a bit easier in low levels. The new spawntables were too deadly…

Amazing, shocked out how this turned out already. Even though this is in testing, its probably the best crafted android exclusive RPG i have played. The gameplay is great and unlike many rpgs, the controls are near perfect. Music is pretty good and the progression speed to play this game is pretty well rounded. i see myself “testing” this game for a while. good job man

Thanks man, seeing that people actually enjoys it a little, makes all the effort worth it.

Now back to work, with renewed morale :slight_smile:

I don’t know…this part of the game just doesn’t fit the rest. All of a sudden, the difficulty ramps up from challenging to impossible. How many skeletons are there? A dozen? Without some creative use of door ways, you won’t stand a chance to survive even the first of these rooms. And even when using such tricks and with spending all my money for health potions, I can’t beat that necromancer at the end. I tried it several times now, but it’s too frustrating for me to fight my way through the same waves of enemies over and over again just to fail at the end. Are you planning on making this section at least a little more in line with the difficulty of the rest of the game?

You’re absolutely right, I was out of my mind, got trigger happy I think. Yes, I wanted it to be a step up in difficulty, but you’re not the first tester complaining. Apparently the clerics and rogues have ways to go past the skeletons’ room, but for warriors it’s a problem. I reduced the number of spawns drastically. From 12 to 8 in the big room full of skeletons, and removed another 5 in the way there, plus 2 of the ghosts. I hope it’s right now.

The necromancer at the end, has a Greatsword of Ice equipped. Bring a potion to resist that, or some gear. But again… yeah, too hard. I toned him down slightly. His minimum spawn level is 7 now (from 8 ), and has 2 less armor points.

I Will update all the above tonight (0.4.738), plus a few other adjustments and fixes.

Thanks, I really appreciate it! ;D

It’s much better now. I finally managed to finish that quest…;D

Good. That quest is not supposed to be mandatory, but right now it is, simply because for the next step, you need to “unlock” access to one of the four Libraries in the game, and as of now, only the one in New Garand can be accessed. And I don’t want “mandatory” stuff to be extremely hard, only “bonus” quests.

I’d like to know your opinion on the combat log.

Uploading more stuff tonight.

To be honest, I find it distracting. I don’t read it anyway in most cases, so for me it’s just some text that clutters the upper part of the screen. I would prefer to be able to disable it in the settings.

I am not a big fan of the combat log, it doesn’t add much in terms of things I need to know (the damage number that appears when receiving or dishing out damage is enough), and it draws my eyes away when it updates.

I think the latter can be fixed by letting it scroll in smoothly rather than doing ig by fixed lines.

Also, I’d prefer it if it referred to my character as “You” rather than by first name.

Okay, noted all the suggestions. I am not satisfied either with how the log looks right now, hence my question. :slight_smile:

Definitely, a log is needed to note down some things like reputation changes, rewards, items lost/gained, etc. I also wanted to give some data to the munchkins like myself, but there will be an option to filter combat out.

A further question, if I may abuse your kindness. Did any of you think of tapping on the log to display the full log window? can I expect people to intuitively do that? I was thinking to add the log options in the log window itself, not in the settings window. But if no one ever taps on it, then no one will find the settings.

IMHO, such a log is a technical solution. That’s basically information that I print on the console but not on the game screen. Because I think that it breaks the immersion. What was a living fantasy world before now clearly becomes a game, simply by logging it’s internals out onto the main screen. I know that some people actually like it that way, because they see a game mainly as a collection of different mechanics. I don’t see it that way, I’m not a min-maxer. I play a RPG for the world, the lore and the story and not for the numbers that it spits out. So to me, such a log should at least be optional. And I wouldn’t make it touch aware either. Because I know that I’ll incidently hit it every now and then and that would suck… :wink:

Okay, I certainly will take that into account. If I’ve learned one thing is that not all players are the same. I DO love logs :smiley:

But what about “Item gained… XP Gained… Journal Updated… Reputation increased…” messages? would those bother you as well? or would you just filter out combat?

I feel that after a quest resolution, for instance, it’s nice to be able to check what happened, what you got, ot lost. Often it’s like 4 or 5 things. And those messages wouldn’t happen often.

And I plan to make it fade away after 2 seconds anyways, unless you open it.

EDIT, I hope this is more like it. By default combat is not echoed in log now, and you can enable it, so I hope it’s enough to satisfy everyone. If the remainder of the logging still bothers people, I’ll add an option to entirely remove it:

v.0.4.739 - 23/6/15

-Spawns changed in Inori, Sydarun and Southern Jabal.
-New quest added in New Garand (Spiders’ sacks).
-Changed the size of several monsters.
-Memory and performance optimization.
-Added potions and items to resist toxic and shock damage.
-Fixes to game log, including options to filter out combat (by default).
-Settings window can now be accessed from the game menu.

SECOND EDIT: I just noticed I forgot to filter out from the log the XP gain when you kill an enemy, so the log keeps “activating” often. I’ll fix it. Then, when you have that filter on, you’ll basically only see log lines when a script gives you (or removes) items, XP, reputation or changes the journal. And a few seconds later it’ll fade out.

This is what I do to fight the heat…

v.0.4.741 - 6/7/15

-Random encounters in the roads added. Wandering merchants, bandit ambushes, or even dueling knights or damsels in distress will make your travels more interesting.
-New Area added (Imperial Coast) and new quests available in the New Garand area.
-Each Merchant will only buy certain types of items now.
-Adventurers for hire are now stronger, and their hiring fee scales with level, making them cheaper at game start.