Exiled Kingdoms -Classic RPG- now on Steam!

I’m not sure, but i guess so…

Don’t worry about it, I’ll just make sure it gets fixed.

And I can’t say this enough: thanks to both of you for your testing, I really appreciate not only the bug reports, but the opinions and criticism. After 13 months of development, there’s things you no longer see, even if they’re in front of you :smiley:

I couldn’t agree more. I released a game that’s near impossible to play because I didn’t listen enough to user feedback :slight_smile:

Although I still maintain it is playable if you try hard enough :persecutioncomplex:

Okay… that sounded like a challenge! I’m already on Chapter 4 of Hovercraft… :slight_smile:

Chapter 4 or Level 4? Because I think Chapter 4 probably puts you in the top 10% in the world :slight_smile:

Anyway, for the UI issues I talked about in Exiled Kingdoms, the main menu looks like this on my 10" tablet (give or take a small amount of JPG-loss);

And the antialiasing is particularly visible on the letter ‘e’ and on the fact that the right border of a button is wider than the left as seen in this zoomed cut;

The version number is also subject to this effect.
Again, it’s not a massive issue but I think it takes away from the polished feel of the game.

And in other news; I am running into an issue where the screen just flickers and won’t accept input at all. It happens every time I try to continue my saved game (so I had to start again) and I’ve seen it a few times when trying to leave the inventory screen. It doesn’t crash so I haven’t been able to send you a stack-trace. I don’t know what’s causing it but I am going to try the game on a newer device with a smaller screen to see if I can reproduce it there.

Thanks for the report. The aliaising problem, probably will have to wait.

But the flicker worries me, no one had reported it before. A sudden application exit sounds like an out of memory error to me…

[quote]Chapter 4 or Level 4? Because I think Chapter 4 probably puts you in the top 10% in the world Smiley
[/quote]
And it was chapter 4, but I am on the final screen of the final level now (named “Impossible”). Really, you are right, the game is playable and rather fun too. Nowadays people has no tolerance to frustration :smiley:

EDIT: man, that last level was hard. But not as hard as your cold heart for not putting some “you win” message at the end :frowning:

I tried to record a video of the flicker, but now it’s stopped happening. I can even load the first save-game again. I’ll see if I can figure out what caused it. Might have been a memory issue as you say, as closing a few other applications and freeing up memory might have fixed it.

EDIT: man, that last level was hard. But not as hard as your cold heart for not putting some “you win” message at the end :frowning:
[/quote]
You think that’s bad? You should talk to my the guy doing the alpha-testing, he had to find the bug where the achievement for completing the game isn’t awarded upon finishing the game :slight_smile:

Seriously though; I am impressed by the fact that you finished it. Even I haven’t finished it. There’s a reason I named it “Impossible” :persecutioncomplex:

Actually, I used my superpowers to fix it. It always happens, bugs fear me!

I have a big memory optimization pending related to sprites, which I have to work on before the Beta release in June. So, to certain extent, I am not too worried if it’s just memory.

And indeed, that “Impossible” level was hard. You have to bounce around in a controlled manner, just hovering around doesn’t give you enough time to get under the red key.

Just noticed the achievements, so I take back what I said about no reward when you win. I got the “Done the Impossible” one, and once more am proven a master of useless skills :slight_smile:

I’ll skip trying it on a newer device for now, and instead I’ll see if I can figure out what it takes to reproduce the weird flicker bug.
I am running it on a fairly old tablet, so it might not hit a large part of your possible install-base anyway.

Mainly I just want the bug fixed so I can keep playing your game ::slight_smile:

I sent you an email asking for alpha :slight_smile: ;D

@scanevaro , I sent you an invite, thanks! :slight_smile:

@EgonOlsen, I just published a new build, 0.4.717, whih should prevent the problem you had with Adaon. Tricky for me because I can’t reproduce the problem, but I added all kind of checks to properly asign the companion AI after zoning.

@bornander, I will look into the memory problem but it may take me some time, it implies refactoring a lot of my sprites code. I apologize for the inconvenience. Meanwhile I advise using a device with at least 1Gb RAM, that should be more than enough.

New build:

v.0.4.717 - 16/5/15

-Improved collision detection, you should be able to pass through narrow corridors more easily.
-Improved auto-facing on attack. Supposedly was fixed in .715, but it was still not right.
-Cleric items added:blessed chain set.
-Town Hall quests now give some XP too.
-Mapped keyboard for attack and movement (Enter + arrows)
-Fixed some loot tables - rubies were not dropping, and some monsters dropped nothing.
-New content added, included a new step of the main quest.

The new version crashes when I try to talk to the guy in the library in New Garand.

Ah crap. It’s what I get for testing only in PC… case insensitive file names :frowning:

Fixing it in tonight’s build. Is Adaon working as intended now? And I know you hate day-night cycle, but can you see it better now?

I’m currently running around with…I forgot the name…some woman, so I can’t comment on Adaon ATM. About the night: To be honest, it’s still too dark for my taste. I actually don’t see a difference at all. Maybe I would in a side by side comparison, but even if…it’s still very dark.

K, i played it an amount of 2 hours pretty much so far…
and let me tell you… I LOVE IT!

Game is entretening, i play it and want to get further and see whats next. Of course, im an oldschool Diablo 2 (havent played 1 and 3) and Torchlight 2 player, but doesnt take the fact that is entreteining and its one of the most complete games i have played on mobiles so far.

Gameplay: 8/10
I think it take a bit of time (like 10 or 15 minutes) to get your first item, pretty much, and that can drive away some more casual players.
I remember playing Torchlight 2 demo the first time and after killing a couple of mobs, a cool and rare item dropped, and that was like “OHH SHIII” and played it even more haha.

Health is something that can be balanced a bit better on my point of view. I desperately tried to keep safe and tried to replenish health hahaha, that made me build my Warrior more towards defense. Running from mobs once you have low health gives you an interesting feeling haha, which is great! I dont know how to describe it.

Controls: 9/10
For a mobile game, its perfect. For an ARPG, being mobile kinda takes something away, you know? like, you know you can play it better. But still its a 10.
This is where gameplay overlaps a bit with the tecnology used for the game.

Music/SFX: 8/10
Sound effects are all great, maybe a bit more ambience sounds could make them even better.
Music is great on its own. I would just see if first theme in the game can be a bit more exciting, everything else seems great so far.

Crash reports:
Havent found any crash yet. Im playing on a Oneplus One.

Other:
-Game doesnt have a quit button. Maybe you could catch the Back Button press and pop up a dialog that asks if want to leave.

So far this is my review :slight_smile:

Overall: 9/10 ;D

Adaon works fine now… :slight_smile: However, it actually doesn’t really matter because all the companions have a stamina only slightly above a pot plant. It’s fun to have them with you, but they aren’t very helpful.

Well, I’m very glad you like it! After so much work, it’s always a great motivation to hear something like that :slight_smile:

Exit button: yes, there will be one before release. Until then, just hit the Home button. Your game will be saved.

Early items: that’s a very good point. I should give some sense of accomplishment to players that may still be struggling with the controls and gamerules. I’ll think of something.

I may need to balance them still but, remember, you’re supposed to equip them (and level them up) also, their skills will be active soon, so you can give them more HP. But I’ll look into it, maybe they’re a little puny. I just didn’t want them to be too overpowered.

Especially the generic ones that you can hire for 100 or 200 GP are really useless. They die almost instantly.
However, here comes a funny one: I was on one of these generic quests (get some ring from some tomb). So I found the ring, grabbed it from the chest, opened the inventory again and used the teleportation scroll. It savely teleported me to the next town. But the ring was gone. So i returned to the tomb, opened the chest again and found the ring AND a teleportation scroll (which hasn’t been there before).

Yep, those are rather puny atm, they’ll certainly be more varied, interesting, and sometimes powerful.

That’s weird with the ring, I’ll look into the logs. Maybe your inventory was full and you didn’t actually take it? when you try that, it falls to the ground (I know… :P)

In any case, related to that problem, tonight’s update adds item stacking, so it’ll make things easier.

Maybe…but then, it wouldn’t be back in the chest or would it? Anyway, item stacking will be very welcome. I finally reached level 7 and was able to add a third healing/day…yeah!