Daedalus - no escape

Cool, thanks for testing :wink:

sorry but I don’t plan to make the code public, so right now you can’t use the editor.

Thats ok, il be happy to wait for a editor.

[quote]can you please tell me what is your video card ? I moved to the ARB extension instead of the core implementation for the FBOs so the game now runs with an opengl 2.0 card ( 2.0 because of the shaders ) … but I would like to know if the game has chances to run smooth on such cards. I will upload an update soon (maybe today) so that you’ll be able to try
[/quote]
NVIDIA GeForce 9400 on Mac OSX 10.6.6 (OpenGL 2.1).

I’m now running into an issue with one of your shaders. Apparently GLSL arrays are borked on certain macs:
http://openradar.appspot.com/6121615

You could workaround it by declaring the array as a uniform and setting the values in Java, passing FloatBuffer to glUniform1 (works here).

But in your case you could just do without the arrays and unroll your loop manually:

#version 120

uniform sampler2D tex0;
const float blurSize = 1.8/1000;

void main (void)
{
	vec4 sum = vec4(0.0);
	vec2 tc = gl_TexCoord[0].st;

sum += texture2D(tex0, vec2(tc.x, tc.y - 2.4*blurSize)) * 0.09;
	sum += texture2D(tex0, vec2(tc.x, tc.y - 1.2*blurSize)) * 0.23;
	sum += texture2D(tex0, vec2(tc.x, tc.y)) * 0.36;
	sum += texture2D(tex0, vec2(tc.x, tc.y + 1.2*blurSize)) * 0.23;
	sum += texture2D(tex0, vec2(tc.x, tc.y + 2.4*blurSize)) * 0.09;

gl_FragColor = sum * gl_Color;
}

thanks for the detailed feedback !

The funny thing is that I used to do the way you suggested some time ago but introduced the array + loop to be able to test easily with different values and number of iterations … :slight_smile: … so I’ll turn back to the unrolled version.

I was really naive thinking that GLSL would run the same on all the cards that support it … it’s the second “bug” found. Luckily I don’t use a lot of shaders and there’re all very simple otherwise it could a real PITA to develop … :smiley:

I’ll post an update with the fix soon then …

Really, really, really, REALLY, really, REEEAAALLY good graphics.

But Its hard to play on 2 same-size-monitors. I tried to change that in the Options of the main menu. I tried both changing “Display” wich currently shows nothing, and trying to change it makes it crash. And I tried setting it to windowed and applying, but that crashed too…

Maybe problems with config?

Btw, trying to change that manually in the config now, if possible.

EDIT:
Okey… its playable now… But it really starts to get slow, when I shoot things. But I think that is, because I have a 2500x2500 window, and can’t resize it… -.- … But the game itself is really awesome. haven’t tried to play it multiplayer over LAN though…

lol thanks to you comment :slight_smile:

I presume you’re running the game under linux ? I came to the same issue today trying the game with Linux :slight_smile: I made a fix for the empty video modes list so that now everything is configurable via the menu.

For the 2 monitors, you mean that the game is stretching on both screens ?

Haha! I’m finally going to be able to play this because I am getting a new computer with OpenGL 4.1 support!

@Longarmx : maybe you already can, the game requires only opengl 2.0 now :slight_smile:

I uploaded a new version :

• new connect screen, with the possibility to direct connect an IP ( internet game search not available yet … )
  • new lobby screen with a chat
  • new player prefs screen to update the player name
  • fixed the empty resolution combo in the options

I tested briefly to play the game other the net in france, it was quite ok. I will run a server tomorrow and post my IP here if some people want to test :slight_smile:

Yes, I’m in linux. I just downloaded the “0.1.4” version again (is that the updated one? cause it’s the same version number again…), but I can’t choose the Resolution…

indeed … this is what happens when committing some code at 5 AM … :smiley: The fix was not included in the version I uploaded yesterday, I just uploaded version 0.1.5 so it should be better now ( I hope :slight_smile: )

EDIT : I’ve run a server at home, if somebody wants to join, connect to 82.242.110.78 :wink:

Arrrggg… that was FUN! DeathPat, is that you? I think so.

I LOVE Shotgun, and I love this game… :smiley:
also… Resolution now shows the highest available resolution, but I can’t change it…

That game has to be featured!

yes it was me :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that for the resolution, I tested it successfully on 3 different computers with linux … :frowning: I’ll try to setup a small program that just lists all the available resolutions and output them to figure out what’s wrong here …

Thanks for testing ! BTW in which country do you live ? it wasn’t too laggy ?

No, its not too laggy for me, but sometimes, it seems I am not able to shoot, or the weapon seems to stutter a bit (The red one…).

I live in Germany :), we are neighbours, are we? France?

yes I live in south of France, we’re not so far :slight_smile:

I saw that the weapons with a high fire rate ( like the red one or the bouncing one ) were a bit slow when you were firing at me. It may be caused by either lag ( each bullet fired is validated by the server ) or by a low frame rate ( under 60 fps ). Maybe it was both in your case as you said you were launching the game in the higher res :slight_smile:

A bit of an update, version 0.1.5b available :

• internet games are now listed in the game. When an internet game is created, a check is performed to see that the game is accessible from internet ( ports opened and correctly forwarded if behind a router ). The default ports are 59555 and 59556 ( you can change them when creating the server )
  • possibility to create a dedicated server
  • in game chat ( T key )

I’ve ran a server, I’m waiting for you ! :slight_smile:

COMING! ;D

wow really good, found anyone for internet games :frowning:

thanks for your comment, I should post an update soon with new features and will have a permanent internet game running on my home server so that it will be eventually easier to find people to play with :slight_smile:

hi,

I didn’t post any update since a long time, so here are some news !
As some of you complained that there was nothing to shoot at if you don’t have anyone to play with, I’m currently working on the AI to be able to play versus bots. I have something that is starting to look correct so here is a video that shows 6 bots playing in a small map.
The game is running as a dedicated server to have a good view of what is happening everywhere on the map :slight_smile:

It’s better to play this video in HD + fullscreen, otherwise everything is a bit small :slight_smile:

7EwIeqfSG3E

It shows as well some other stuffs I’ve implemented since the last demo :

• particle systems that enabled me to do :
    • blood blood BLOOD !!!
    • explosions
    • cool trail effects on some weapons
    • sparks on bullet impact
  • firing a weapon produces light
  • other things I don’t remember … :slight_smile:

I don’t provide a playable demo yet since there are still some bugs I need to fix on the game state handling ( actually this needs a big refactor, it’s really a mess … :slight_smile: )

hope you like the video,
cheers

This is pure genius to a level that I would perfectly happily give up my normal life and play an online multiplayer of this 24/7 :slight_smile:

Can’t wait for a demo!