[Competition] Weekly Incremental Jam - The Original Post

Can you give an exact UTC time?

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140315T20&p0=309&msg=WIJ&csz=1

We will possibly have an option to show the exact time in different time zones on the website.

Link above is good enough. :slight_smile:

Welp, the forum for the competition is up. The site may take a little longer.

Will deliver links once everything is ready.

Again, feel free to chat in the IRC. I’m getting a bit lonely :frowning:

Starts in 6 hours, by the way, so get prepared.

• Jev

Its Saturday now, not even 3 hours to the next jam.
Short update:

• this is called the “WIJ” - the “Weekly Incrementing Jam” now
  • this jam will last 2 hours
  • the official timer is still valid
  • to participate, sign in the current forum and create a thread for your game inside the “Entry Games” section
  • this thread has to contain the source code. Any way like pastebin, download etc and any license are allowed.
  • A thread where you can vote for your favourite entry (not your own!) will be created one hour after the jam ends.

Good luck!

I approve of this post^^

The main site for the game jam is nearly done, but won’t be available until after the jam ends.

We have the forum for now and all games/updates/rules will go there.

Cya there!

• Jev

Don’t post your source here, please. Just post a link to it in your project post, no need for so much clutter.

We have our own forums now, we won’t clutter JGO with our mess.

Also, Jam starts in 45 minutes!

Misspelled! Of course, source into your thread!

The jam ended and the voting just started!
We would appreciate you to take a look at the results and vote for your favourite!

I’m pretty proud of mine (Techno Rocket Deathmatch), the graphics looked pretty colourful.

The gameplay was a bit off in certain places, but it was playable.

I’d say my favourite (apart from my own game) is probably Gaps.

That was a really fun compo! GG. :smiley:

• Jev

Hello world!
We are not sure whether we should start the jam tomorrow, since MiniLD is also then.
Who would like and be able to participate tomorrow, or when would you prefer it to take place?

IRC chat: http://webchat.esper.net/?channels=#WIJGames

It’s Spring Break! A wonderful time! Now, we play the WIJ Game Jam Chime. (Did that rhyme alright?)

Since it’s the lovely spring break of 2014, we are unsure if the jam should be tomorrow. (Also MiniLD and the Rage Game Contest (Pshhh Knock Off) starts this weekend as well)

So what should we do?

Should we do the jam this Saturday anyways? (3 Hours!)

Vote here: here

Join our wonderful chatroom here: here

Although that contest is looking to be a complete fail, yours is hardly original. You just picked the ‘right’ idea to get a few people to participate. (I’m pretty sure an absurd time limit is not a good idea for a game jam, but it looks like a few people decided to give it a go anyway)

Game jams happen all the time, and have done so for years, and saying that another game jam is a knock-off of yours just makes you sound stupid.

:cranky:

'Tis but a joke, HeroesGrave, 'Tis but a joke…

• Jev

http://3hrgamejam.com/

gg

Nicely said, Sir Jeviny. 'Tis but a joke.

Nobody said this contest was original.[sub]Then again, we put a little twist to it at least :slight_smile:[/sub]

• Jev

Wasn’t this game jam made after or just before ours?