[Competition] Weekly Incremental Jam - The Original Post

Judging has begun. Find some games with the tags [1HJJ] or [1HGJ]

Chatroom: Please use your JGO name.

Our Website/Forum: http://wij.blha303.com.au/forum/index.php Courtesy of the wonderful kpars/Jeviny!

Goal: Make a game in less than one hour.

Rules:

-You have exactly 1 hour after the competition ends to submit your games to the Entries Board.
-Your game must include the source code, you may put it under any license you wish for it to be under.
-You must write all code for the game within the time range. This of course excludes boilerplate code/backend stuff, of which you may write before the compo starts.
-You may create resources (Text, Sound, Graphics, any other Art) before the competition starts.
-You may submit your game before the time limit is over, thought it is recommended that you polish your game in whatever time you have left.
-Teams are not allowed.
-It is highly recommended that your game should work on most platforms. (Linux, Windows, Mac OS, etc.)
-You may use any libraries/frameworks to make your game
-You may not update/extend your game after it’s finished, though you may fix any bugs in the build that you decide to upload.

Judging:
The winner will be crowned the next day by which game has the most medals.

Theme:
Anything that can be created within a single hour.

Submission:
Submit your game to the Showcase board with this tag in front of the title:
[1HJJ] or [1HGJ]
Make sure it is open-sourced!

Start Time: 7 O’clock central American
End Time: * O’clock central American

Please post if you are competing or not.

Competitor Count: 13

Shouldn’t this be in Contests? I realize not much can be done if a mod isn’t on since you want to start soon, but just for reference.

Well I was about to, but then I read the Contest boards and it seemed like it was for a more official contest.

My body is ready.

I am completely aware of that fact. I’m just looking for some competition. ;D

So who would participate?

Well jonjava is in.

Me too. But broke my framework and need some time to fix.

I’m in!

I would start a stream, but I’ve recently installed another operating system and won’t have enough time to get all of that setup :confused:

Just give us some time to write boilerplate code!

• Jev

Depending on when we plan on starting, I could. But I’m not prepared at the moment. Maybe in a few hours?

Alright, I’ll be in I guess. Why not? Now I have to pick one of my libraries to use…

Edit:
Also, yes wait a couple of hours at the least.

We should make clear what the rules are first.
Edit: Damn this thing is fast progressing!

Alright what would be some suitable rules?

Hot damn this is progressing fast.

We can chat about the game jam here, I made an IRC channel:
http://webchat.esper.net/?channels=#1HGJ

• Jev

Chat is quite hard to follow so here:

Im gonna sleep soon, cant do this.

Yeah… I have somewhere that I have to go… I still haven’t learned enough to put something together that quickly anyway. Good luck!

Doing a livestream!

• Jev

Starts in 15 minutes!

I think you mean more like 9. :stuck_out_tongue: