Cell Invaders - TowerDefense Applet

Just want to say that I really love the sound playing when losing a game! Great work!

hello again,

- increased time for upgrading (20%)
- time for selling towers increases:   factor=(10+sold)/10
- hero's ability can cut this time in half (with upgrade 5)

- "master" mode for painters, the master overrules the others and resets the colors of newarby towers if needed.
I did this because someone said it would be too complicated to paint in a desired color if there are different painters lurking around. 

- removed health upgrade for hero

- reduced default hp of creeps from 50 to 35 and increased the "hp slope" for later waves, so it should be a little bit easier first and harder later.

+added a nice shadow around towers, that gives more depth (left: new right:old):

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4685/82870645.png

sorry, no new levels changes uploaded yet (lack of time). Will follow tomorrow…

old levelcodes won’t work any more, so here is a code for the first X lvls:

IaWNlGiGaciGaciGRZomVJo6OhCaObgsrccMaMUATyAQaciGe9h

please let me know about annoying things or simple improvements (that won’t take too much time), level ideas you would like to see, hero upgrades that are stupid or imba, …

funky shit :smiley:

• finally found the ultimate cause for some very rare crashes (?)

• removed ‘load code’ bug (did not work 100% after playing another session)

• unit selection/moving is more comfortable now, they have a higher selection priority than creeps.
    creeps don’t get the focus any more if a unit is selected.

• Simple towers weaker, others also adjusted

• Hero shoots a little bit weaker (0.75), repaired Speed-upgrade (moves at double speed with upgrade 5)

• new painter option: (de-)activate. If not active, it won’t paint…

• Slowdown Tower slows more down

• visuals: bars (tower) indicating painting/damage bigger and health bars nicer

• added a ‘game finished hooray!’ sequence

unlocks all levels for testing:
JaWNlGiGaciGaciGRZompI*7Oh0IHcWaJmsibcybn5cxVciGacuKw

I made 3 new levels and rewrote the waves-spawning code, allowing new things e.g. in level 17 HIV drops in permanently.

Really good game, very, very polished :slight_smile:

Going with the theme, the armor should be organic shaped, liquid and… wobbly :slight_smile:

(oh, and please add shockwaves through them when they fire, also make adjacent armor merge into a larger blob, today please)

:wink:

everything planned for 2015. :wink:
From 2011-2014 I will finish a beta version of a game I started in 2002(?): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdHMnQ_eIvQ

You are right with the organic look.
Once upon a time, I had no static background for the cell, walls were individuals and animated by Perlin Noise. Was nice, but too slow for software rendering.
Creeps and walls as particle based viscoelastics will be cool (eta fall 2015 - Transformers Vs WobbleAliens)

Anybody have any comments on difficulty level / boring levels?

Level 4 was a lot harder than level 3 due to the flyers… arghh, I hate them! :slight_smile:

Mike

I reduced the default creep speed (factor 0.85), so the game should be easier now. Did you use an AntiAir tower in level 4?

This probably says more about my incompetence than about your (fantastic, by the way) game, but I was completely baffled by Level 2. I didn’t read the instructions properly (because, you know, they’re instructions) and had real difficulty figuring out what was going on with the hero and all the different colours.

You could maybe introduce those things more gradually if you don’t want to confuse simpletons like me.

Simon

Ah, the 100 gold towers were AA? I hovered over them and read something about ground and was like… that doesn’t seem necessary :slight_smile:

EDIT: Loaded the page and saw that there were two new towers on the 4th level, I was used to there only being one new tower and it being placed last, my fault (or yours! :slight_smile: )

Couple of notes:

1. There is an exploit for leveling up your hero you might want to fix. If, after you level your hero once you go to “pause” and “restart level,” the level up is retained and you can repeat this until you reach higher and higher hero levels.

2. Since the last change, the ends of some of the levels have become exceedingly difficult (to me anyway). For instance level 5 I used to be able to get past, but now cannot after quite a bit of trying.

:slight_smile:

Thanks for the exploit (fixed now).

I uploaded a new version (easier and smoother now).
I hope the difficulty level is better…

Amazingly polished. Nice angle on the tower defence. I would still be playing unless I had gotten an NullPointerException… :frowning:
Also, I think it is to hard. I want simple games. It could get hard later on for hardcore gamers, but not at level 2 of lots.

I’m really impressed by the graphics, the feel and the sound.

I fixed the NPE.
Regarding the difficulty, I just played lvl 2 and won basically with one single (and some more) upgraded tower. If I made it even more simple to win, it will become boring I guess.

Am able to get past level 5 now. However, in level 6 the AA gun has disappeared from the available tower list :wink:

I removed the flyers in level 6, so you don’t need AA :wink:

Sweet!

Ahh, will try again. I built like 15 towers and still lost. But I didn’t upgrade them. I guess upgrading beats numbers then.

Tower-defense games can only really be beat by building zigzag patterns to make the path for the enemy as long as possible.

I hardly needed to upgrade, ever. I’m just building lots and lots of cheap cannons.

Good work! :smiley: Nice graphics.