Cell Invaders - TowerDefense Applet

Why on earth do you need the proguard step?

Cas :slight_smile:

because 2.3m is less than 6 mb.

compile->jar = 6m (lots of class files + ca. 200k data in txt files)
-> prog = 2.3m
-> pack200 -> 650k

in my “toolchain” I set some final variables, so proguard can eliminate unneeded code.
like:

injectBoolean(SuperGame.class,"DEBUG",false);

and automatically reverting it afterwards.

plus my code is so fucking awesome and I will make trillions of drachmas and it is protected that way.
Maybe I could play around more with the proguard options, but so far it worked fine for me. Stack traces can easily been remapped:
I have a retrace.bat

java -jar retrace.jar proguard.map %1
pause

where I can drag-drop the stack traces

How big is it just with pack200/gz?

1.6m
thats not too big for an applet, but I have a better feeling when there are not 50 other, unfinished games and all my editors inside the jar. Including the server code…

Doh, hardly seems worth the effort of the proguard step then. The difference is like, 2 page views from Puppygames.

Small is cool. This is a mouse speaking.

NEVER do that. the JVM will make optimisations around final variables, and modifying them will make the behaviour of your code ‘undefined’.

Besides that. When you applet crashes, and the Java Console vanishes, that means the JVM crashed, which should be impossible, unless you do naughty stuff, like you did.

No, no, no naughty stuff happening.
I change the final variables BEFORE using javac.
inject(blahh) finds the .java source file and modifies it.
Instead of messing around with ANT and XML I call everything from Eclipse.
Pressing play, keep on coding until a nice sounds indicates that everything is nicely deployed, packed and logged.
Life is much easier since I’m only dependent on a working Java compiler.
So no explanation for the cruel crashes.

Excellent game, must have more!

Works perfect, amazing game!

Looks like a new version since I last saw it – I am noticing a pathfinding / bounds-checking problem on level 1 I didn’t see before.

The attackers seem to be able to move through towers freely. I made a straight horizontal line of towers out from the source, left to right. About midway down the line the attackers simply walk across / through the towers down toward the source.

Make an android version 8)

oops. You could even place towers on top of each others. Uploaded again

hm… first I want to finish 3 other games I started sometime. But I thought about it too, would be very cool to control with a touch (I)Pad.

Looks fixed! :slight_smile:

There is no Hero in level 8 :o

never played that far :slight_smile:
I didnt expect someone to play that far yet. Waves are random, levls made in 1 min…
will put one in and upload. Oh never thought I would sit at the computer on fr. night. I don’t want to be a nerd, at least I’m drunk.

edit: put the missing heroes in all levels
this is so exiting gay (happy) shout

Is it just me or is level 1 harder now? :smiley:

Sorry for offtopic, but i promise not to call Lima a moron any more!
edit: never login forever on a friend’s computer, that wasnt me. hacking is sooo in these days. (changed my password)

I had a crash on level 8.
Btw is level 9 possible to beat? :slight_smile:

Edit: Yes it was!

i need more levels. ;D