Can anyone give me an easy ANN exercise?

Hey Guys!
Im trying to find an exercise to train my ANN knowledge, but most of them are so advanced or badly explain that i barely start.

Would anyone give me some exercise of Hopfield and feedfoward Neural network?

Nothing too hard, im still a noob :stuck_out_tongue:

Im out of ideas, anything at all would be fine. I will also share the code.
Any ideas for something that i could use? Something cool!

by the way, im using Jeff Heaton ANN Java Book.

I’ve found this to be a great starter on NNs: http://www.theprojectspot.com/tutorial-post/introduction-to-artificial-neural-networks-part-1/7

Read that, understand it, and then write an implementation. Have it model some simple functions. Learn from doing.

Yeah i want to make some code about it.
I looked the website but they didnt have an actual exercise.

I want to make something that actually works.

I need a problem to solve! But i cant think of any. That sucks :frowning:

I give you your first problem to solve: Make a neural network. Any neural network. It doesn’t even have to be set up to model anything. Write me some classes that create a generic 2 layer network with input nodes with a trigger() method, and some way to query the output, because that’s the first step.

Working on it :stuck_out_tongue:

A hopfield is okay?

A classic ANN exercise is an XOR logic gate (that’s what I had to do in college anyway). Build an 8 input XOR gate. If you can get a 100% accurate result then you’ve cracked it.
So, you have 8 inputs and one output. If one and only one of the inputs is 1 then the output is 1, otherwise the output is 0. Good luck!

Ok, that is so cool!

Can you guys share some more links for tutorials or resources for constructing a Nueral Network model?

Jeff heaton!

Burnt Pizza, thanks a lot , im working on it :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds very cool Andre, good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks m8.
Im having a bit of a problem with my memory stick so im getting delayed…

BurntPizza.
Its Ready.

Ok.So, i asked DermetFan to help me speed it up. He made the view for me while i did the ANN stuff.

I replaced most of the book code with EJML.

I know how the hopfield works (Matrix calculations, step-by-step), so the simple things, i didnt change.

Heres the Source Code :
https://bitbucket.org/andrelopes1705/artificial-neural-network

And heres the video showing the app working :

This is an old thread, but in case somebody stumbles upon it in their googling, I’ll add that two times I’ve used ANN were for OCR (user draws a number or a letter, you convert that to a data structure like a 2D array, neural network takes that 2D array as input and outputs what number or letter it thinks it is) and for playing the Game of Nim.