Boulder Dash 4k

But it is! You can’t copyright concepts or ideas, only implementations.
You can PATENT concepts and ideas, though. But in many places (like most of Europe, at least) software patents aren’t legal.

Moogie: Just rename it and add replace the art with original art! It’s a wonderful achievement, and it needs to be played!

I think the level designs are probably also susceptible to copyright protection, at which point Moogie’s time constraints bite hard.

Oh… Yes. :-/

Well, last night i have tried my hand at custom pixel sprite animation replacing Rockford with a drilling machine… not the best but not too bad either. perhaps if i spend a couple of hours a night i may be able to change the game sufficiently in time for the end of the contest…

Bolder Rehash? ;D

If you don’t have time to resubmit it as something else, just give me (and the other judges) an external link and I’ll play and judge it here on the forums.

I will take you up on that if i cannot “rehash” as abuse puts it :slight_smile: in time.

ok now I’m worried about my game… I was doing an Elevator Action clone in 4k. Hope Taito won’t mind about it…

anyway, moogie are you able to share just a small part of your game? I’m planning a new entry that will use tile-based levels so I was thinking if you could post just the code for the tile map part. You could replace sprites with just a spot rolling over in a scrollable tile map. Would you mind? That would cut a lot of my work, and I think your code is already optimized for size.

thanks! It was a great entry and it would probably fight for top places.