This is my entry for J4K 2010 competition.
PLAY REMOVED DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT
This is my initial attempt of fitting the 1980’s classic into 4096 bytes.
Navigate RockFord through 20 caves, avoiding fireflies and falling boulders, collecting diamonds and squishing butterflies in order to acquire sufficient diamonds to open the exit to the next cave.
I have tried to keep the game play as close as i could to the original, however, I have had to make compromises and have deviated from the original in the following manner:
- no sound… which is a little sad but fitting the original graphics and original 20 levels is already a tight squeeze… putting in theme music and sound effects goes over the 4k budget enormously…
- no title screen and thus no ability to start at different caves.
- unlimited lives… I have removed the original set number of lives and instead went for a score penalty for dying. If you die or time runs out you will restart the same cave you are on. In this way i hope to compromise for the inability to start at different levels.
- only one difficulty setting.
CALL FOR TESTERS
Could people please attempt to play the game and give feed back?
- does it work on your platform? (linux, windows (all flavours), mac)
- is it too difficult? too easy?
- any bugs… i mean features spotted?
- any annoyances or simple features you would like to see which would make it a better game?