ApoSheeptastic

Hey Apo,

now it looks really better. All the art is consistent, and also consistent with the interface!! Very nice!

However, I think now the puzzle mode is bugged. In the very first level, no matter what I do it always says I have not cleared the entire field (although I’m sure I have!), and I have to try again.

Oh thanks for testing and reporting the bug!

I removed the bug immediately.

new version is online.

What is new?

• 42 new levels with all tiles (bushes, fence, black sheep, white sheep, double sheep), all solveable in 1 step
  • new optionmodes:
    • you can choose your language: english and german
    • you can choose the sheeptastic or classic mode for the endless mode <- it was a wish. In the classic mode you play only with white sheep in the endless mode but you can’t upload your score.

Next steps?

• 84 harder levels (more than 1 step to solve the levels and filled the whole field with sheep)
  • some new sounds for the buttons
  • android port

This game is way too much fun :stuck_out_tongue:

Great Job!

I’ve been meaning to comment on this game for a while, I’m not just doing so because you have just commented on mine, in fact I didn’t realise that was you until I opened the thread.

I think this looks absolutely stunning. The presentation is just brilliant, really. I find this very inspiring. The game is just my kind of thing. I’m really into puzzles at the moment. I like how you have the option to draw your root on it. You’ve not been lazy anywhere and I think it’s really paid off. I hope you have a lot of success with this game.

very nice and polished.

FEATURED.

The game has improved alot and is very polished now! I love the funny animations on the sheep, which I think makes the game enjoyable to play. It feels like a complete game. Good job!

Big thanks for the nice feedback and for featuring the game!!!

A new version is online

What is new?

• 92!!! levels in the puzzlemode
  • some new idle animations
  • removed some little bugs

Next step:

• android version

I hope you like it!

A new version is online!

What is new?

• new graphics for some buttons
  • new sound for the buttons
  • better levelchooser for the user levels and you can sort the userlevels by uploaddate or count of moves or (will follow in the next versions) by judgment [you can rate every game with 1 - 5 stars)
  • a new onebutton game is implemented as a special. That game is hard … ok sometimes it is frustrating but I like it. Can you beat my highscore? Where you can find it? I heard something about credits and click some sheep. :wink:

Where is the one button game? I couldn’t find the option.

One thing I was thinking when playing your game; I like the music on the menu screens but it seems odd to be me that the music continues during the game. Maybe the music should cut out there or be a different kind of music. It seems strange to me to play the game to what sounds like menu music. You could even just fade it a little. I don’t like the new sound for your buttons. It just seems wrong to me. Did they have a sound before? I can’t remember. Everthing else looks and sounds so great. Really great. I’m just nitpicking. I could ask you a million questions about how you did all this but I’d probably just annoy you. lol

Does this one button game stop the player from having the option from going through trying every sheep? Because I think that the fact that I can do this is a problem. Although maybe less conventional, I would allow the player to only play each level once before moving on, and at the end of all the levels they can see how they did. And they can start again to try and beat their score. Admittedly they could still cheat and make notes of what sheep they pressed for the next game, but I doubt most people would bother. At the moment you have the ability to draw lines, but although a great feature It’s pointless while I could just click the sheep to see if it’s the right one, as I won’t be punished for it in anyway if I’m wrong, because I can just try again.

Thanks for your feedback! I like every type of feedback.

The idea with the another backgroundmusic in the game will be implemented in the android version. You can hear the second backgroundsoundtrack in my old youtubevideo.
You don’t like the new sound of the buttons? Mhh ok but I don’t like the old sound (it was the same sound as starting a sheep and it was really annoying). Do you have another idea? I am searching for a sound that fits in the theme (a button is always a sheep) but isn’t annoying. But the ‘baehhhhh’ from sheeps is annoying imho.

The onebuttongame you can find in the credits menu and click on the white sheep next to the black one.

I don’t like the idea to punish the player. If you want to try all the sheep, then try all sheep to find a soultion. But it will cost much time especially in level with 49 sheep.

I’d never noticed the number sheep bahs become annoying but I can understand why you would cut down. I still think that button noise just isn’t right. It could be just something really subtle like a nice click sound. I do think a sheep bah sound effect would be good when a button that starts the actual game is pushed. So a different sound for options and such but on the final button push before the games starts a bah.

I think the button “bell” sound would integrate in the game better if it were more like a cowbell. Thus, it could be bit clangier but also it should naturally damp quickly rather than ring as the current bell does.

The idea of a “neutral” click is also a reasonable alternative. But of course it is more fun if everything is thematic.

If you like, check out the bell utility I have online:
http://hexara.com/SpiderBellDashboard.htm

Be sure and put in the following settings:

Tone - I’m thinking about 3/5ths or 2/3rds sounds best for a “cowbell”
Note Length - use the minimum! (it is maybe possible for me to even fine tune something to be shorter still)
Octaves - might as well just set it to the max (7) but test out notes near the center top. (Loudest & middle pitch range.) It is possible to pick pitches that fit or contrast the music.

Feel free to record any of these and make it into a cue.

Also, these sounds are generated live by Java, and we could probably customize a little library or jar to add to your program. But if you use just one or two of them, there would be little reason to trouble with the live code, as the resources would be relatively small for audio, the cue being so short. (I estimate the needed code at about 100KB, in comparison, maybe more, to integrate with your other sound cues.)

By the way, I really enjoy the game and think you have done a great job.

LOL, what a great sketch! I’m seeing it for the first time.

Because the android port takes more time then excepted … I implemented another little game.
The video shows how to find the game and how to play it/how to solve all levels. =)
I hope you like it. =)

Click me to play ApoSheeptastic

direct youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/v/5q7Ao10wWi8