Age is just a number....

Now I feel young again XD

Oops. Just filled in my age.

+1 to the <15 category.

It occured to me that the results were heavily biased towards older members, because it included everybody that left JGO ages ago.

[tr][td]Age[/td][td]Frequency[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]53[/td][td]* 1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]48[/td][td]* 1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]44[/td][td]* 1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]43[/td][td]*** 3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]42[/td][td]** 2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]41[/td][td]******* 7[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]40[/td][td]** 2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]39[/td][td]**** 4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]38[/td][td]***** 5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]37[/td][td]** 2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]36[/td][td]**** 4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]35[/td][td]******* 7[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]34[/td][td]************* 13[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]33[/td][td]********** 10[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]32[/td][td]**** 4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]31[/td][td]**** 4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]30[/td][td]** 2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]29[/td][td]****** 6[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]28[/td][td]***** 5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]27[/td][td]******* 7[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]26[/td][td]******** 8[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]25[/td][td]********* 9[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]24[/td][td]******* 7[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]23[/td][td]******* 7[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]22[/td][td]******* 7[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]21[/td][td]********** 10[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]20[/td][td]******* 7[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]19[/td][td]******** 8[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]18[/td][td]******* 7[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]17[/td][td]************ 12[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]16[/td][td]********* 9[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]15[/td][td]** 2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]<15[/td][td]******** 8[/td][/tr]

I’m 17, started programming early last year (almost two years ago).

Before that the only programming related stuff I had done was Lego Mindstorms and a bit of MATLAB when I was learning linear algebra.

Programming is pretty much just a hobby for me, I’m not planning on doing it as a job.

Remember fellas: When you reach 28 you’ll disappear from any statistics.

EDIT: RIVEN NINJA’D MY FACE

…and our life expectancy doesn’t look all that promising either :clue:

My story of programming:
I had always liked technology and I thought I had read somewhere that html was a programming language( it isn’t). So I started learning html. After I learnt about that and javascript, I found out about C++ and this cool website I could go on. So I learnt C++. Fast forward to about a month ago. I was trying to mak games with C++, but graphics were a real problem. So I tried to learn java. And then I found this forum and the rest is history…

You tried making games in C++, learning Java, and making games in Java all in one month? Try slowing down…and what’s wrong with graphics in C++?

I found the Lazy Foo tutorials to be really good when I was trying to learn a bit of game programming in c++. The graphics are really aren’t difficult with SDL.

I’m 22, deferred from last year uni to work on my own game engine in java. Needless to say, everything is going great, ignoring the fact that we have a dozen game prototypes and none that are ready for launch.

Such is life, started seriously programming at age 17.

17 and really started programming this year :slight_smile: and progressed a lot faster once I found this community :slight_smile: so far TWO medals! mmhmm

I think that the age that matters is how long you have been coding. I have been coding for about…1.5 years? maybe. Funny thing is that when I take into account how long I have been coding compared to others I am not doing too bad. Then add age and I just want to cry.

To the thing about drugs: I’m not talking about illegal drugs… I’ve already seen this, but yeah… nothing more :wink:

And the other, legal stuff: Never too much.

I’m getting so tired of meaningless units… it reminds me of my mothers’ recipe for pancakes:

[x]Don’t add too much milk
[x]Add just enough eggs
[x]Don’t cut back on flour, or it will be sloppy
[x]Use the mixer and add salt until the mix is about right
[x]Pour slightly more than usual of the mix in a suitably sized pan
[x]Heat the pan to the appropriate temperature

Her pancakes always taste better than mine.

For me “not too much” is: being :smiley: and :slight_smile:
And “too much” is: having to :& and being :persecutioncomplex: and some smileys aren’t here to explain.

Don’t dismiss the potential of dimming your intellect. It’s temporary anyway. Being smart is not always important, especially in many social interactions. In fact, it can be really annoying to others who end up feeling inferior, even if that was not your intent.

I used to be “interesting” and did all sorts of naughty things with naughty chemicals but now I’m old and boring and don’t any more because I don’t really like my brain being meddled with any more. I do occasionally enjoy getting completely pissed on cider though. Well, I do live in Somerset. That’s what we do here for entertainment.

Cas :slight_smile:

I code better when under influence of alcohol.

I remember doing a university coding assignment overnight and getting near full marks for it, I don’t remember doing the assignment.

Sometimes we have to drown our sorrows, and re motivate… with alcohol.

Sweet sweet beer and vodka

especially vodka…

mm, I better go get some vodka.

Calm yourself, vodka is the best. Beer is nasty.