4bidden Fruit

Enough retro for the moment - put on some ambient sounds and taste 4bidden Fruit

http://www.hayles.demon.co.uk/4K/4bidden/screenshot.jpg

Sometimes the 4K limit is a good thing - I could happily have gone on playing with this for ever!
Genius idea from the people at Q-Games

Works well here, but not really sure what I’m supposed to be doing other than madly flying around?

Cool graphics tho.

Kev

You have to catch all 20 crescents. Bust a few purple prowlers to release pollen for seeds. When a seed is flashing move onto it to make it grow. Then you can jump onto it to explore new areas.

Hmmm… Maybe I need to make the seeds grow automatically…

Nice style, reasonably fun. Are there any enemies (I didn’t play for very long)?

Slight nitpick: not really crescents.

Wow. Left 4k Dead has finally met its match!

Do you think you could make the background image follow you around a bit so that it gives a sense of depth? Something like the background being offset from its current position by x/2,y/2 where x,y is the flying thing’s position.

I never thought I’d have some much fun playing this! :o Brilliant! :slight_smile:

I was on the 18th crescent, I saw it was right at the top, when my whirly blade got stuck on the right hand side of the game (not hitting any trees or anything). I could go make it go up an down, but it would only move left and right by about a pixel or two. :frowning:

Same thing happened to me, except I got stuck on the left. I believe that my spinny thing went over the barrier on the left and then landed too low on the wrong side.

But this game is very very cool. I didn’t want to stop playing once I figured it out.

Awesome game! I think I’m addicted. :wink:

wow, great game. Try to enable anti aliasing to smooth out the tree shapes

Excelent Eden implementation in 4K.

Much better than the one I was working, I got caught in the rope implemetation.

Indeed, this is a big match for L4KD.

Pretty nice gfx. I like the clouds!

Few slight mods:

• Garden is now bigger.
  • Two new plants (one really hard to reach!)
  • Plants are smoother (but full aliasing is just too slow)
  • Stuck-in-edge bug should be gone.

They’re very wide crescents! :stuck_out_tongue:

“Congratulations!”

I like it - nice use of fractals in a rather bizarre abstract world.

Is the background also generated from a fractal?

note.

Noticable drop in framerate as more of the plants are burst, presumably you arn’t performing any kind of culling on what you draw?

Oooh… very surreal. I like it. :slight_smile:

Very cool graphics style

BUT THE 20TH CREST IS REALLY ANNOYING ME NOW !

Winner!

I got all 20.

They’re just crescents as the limit of their width approaches the radius? :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway cool game, managed to (without getting stuck!) beat the game first try. Took a while, but I didn’t feel like it was excessively long. And every time I missed a shot, I could just look at the pretty trees again, swaying around. Agree with very surreal and (mostly) relaxing. Something very compelling about this. Very nice :slight_smile:

Excellent game!

A few little tweaks:

• Bit easier (free plant to start).
  • Should play sightly smoother.
  • Touch of parallax added.

Ahh… parallax, I’m glad someone knows the right names for things.
The game is sensational! Definitely quicker to finish now, but still long enough to get into and enjoy. ;D