xith (possible regression...could be my fault)

I am seeing these exceptions when running my code but not when running the example HUD3DTest…I have no idea whats happening…anyone else see this???

java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry size (expected 238 but got 148 bytes)
at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.readEnd(Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at javax.imageio.stream.FileCacheImageInputStream.readUntil(Unknown Source)
at javax.imageio.stream.FileCacheImageInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.imageio.plugins.common.SubImageInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.imageio.plugins.common.InputStreamAdapter.read(Unknown Source)
at java.io.SequenceInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.imageio.plugins.png.PNGImageReader.decodePass(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.imageio.plugins.png.PNGImageReader.decodeImage(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.imageio.plugins.png.PNGImageReader.readImage(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.imageio.plugins.png.PNGImageReader.read(Unknown Source)
at org.xith3d.loaders.texture.TextureLoader.loadFromStream(TextureLoader.java:467)
at org.xith3d.loaders.texture.TextureLoader.loadFromStream(TextureLoader.java:565)
at org.xith3d.loaders.texture.TextureLoader.getTexture(TextureLoader.java:681)
at org.xith3d.loaders.texture.TextureLoader.getTexture(TextureLoader.java:781)
at org.xith3d.loaders.texture.TextureLoader.getTexture(TextureLoader.java:795)
at org.xith3d.ui.hud.base.LabeledStateButton$Description.setTexture(LabeledStateButton.java:75)
at org.xith3d.ui.hud.utils.WidgetTheme.getCheckBoxDescription(WidgetTheme.java:310)
at org.xith3d.ui.hud.widgets.Checkbox.(Checkbox.java:170)

javax.imageio.IIOException: Error reading PNG image data
at com.sun.imageio.plugins.png.PNGImageReader.readImage(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.imageio.plugins.png.PNGImageReader.read(Unknown Source)
at org.xith3d.loaders.texture.TextureLoader.loadFromStream(TextureLoader.java:467)
at org.xith3d.loaders.texture.TextureLoader.loadFromStream(TextureLoader.java:565)
at org.xith3d.loaders.texture.TextureLoader.getTexture(TextureLoader.java:681)
at org.xith3d.loaders.texture.TextureLoader.getTexture(TextureLoader.java:781)
at org.xith3d.loaders.texture.TextureLoader.getTexture(TextureLoader.java:795)
at org.xith3d.ui.hud.base.LabeledStateButton$Description.setTexture(LabeledStateButton.java:75)
at org.xith3d.ui.hud.utils.WidgetTheme.getCheckBoxDescription(WidgetTheme.java:310)
at org.xith3d.ui.hud.widgets.Checkbox.(Checkbox.java:170)

Yeah… lets make a new thread for every bug you encounter.

This isn’t a Xith3D-only forum you know… it’s kinda annoying to see the ‘unread’ posts spammed like this.

Maybe Xith could get forums on the Xith site for the internal stuff we’ve been seeing recently.

Since I’m using posts since last visit for the working Mark As Read functionality I can’t help but agree with Riven on this one.

Someone else suggested being able to “ignore” certain forums, but I’m still quite interested to see the actual news for Xith, just not the nitty gritty everyday stuff :slight_smile:

Kev

Defects are defects…there is no BUG specific place to write this stuff. In my world you report defects individually…

Suggest a better approach??

I …errr…think…uhhmm…the title suggests that this is…err…a xith specific forum.

The other reason for posting defects is to help people decide when to pull new releases. If a user is experiencing significant problems then some may decide to delay updates… The posted problem consitute a significant degradation of functionality, for me at least.

Just read kevglass response but still hold to the above, the errors identified represent of problem to this community, there is not an altenate approach as yet so what is a better approach?? Uncertain of the meaning here…

Actually this is a Xith3D only forum. But I do agree, that this exception could have been reported in this thread, if you meant that ;).

Maybe the bug tracker system on sourceforge could do the job. But I prefer to have everything at one place: the forum.

I do, too. But I sneak every day. So it is not too hard, if there’re 6 or 7 unread-marks one day :).

Marvin

Considering how often these JGO forums go down or are unreachable, you might actually benefit from having your own separate forum over at xith.org. I know it seems to be useful for us at least. shrug

Marvin, the forum is JGO, Xith3D is a sub-board
Kev, Renanse, Riven : I thought about doing a separate forum but until now the traffic didn’t required it. Now maybe I’ll set one up.
Bug tracking on sf.net seems okay for me, yet sf forum software is soooooooooooooo crappy

The problem with a separate forum is reduced veiwership. N people will goto site 1, <N people will also view site 2.

I at least monitor thing periodically but do not update rapidly due to changing API etc, seeing users having a problem, or the converse seeing no problems, affects when I update. So basically “in your face” probem reporting works for me.

I am sorry but my using a couple of entries of the most recent posts seems down right trivial…

Don’t be sorry, things like that will of course always be subjective. From my point of view the regression bugs are trivial to the JGO community and really don’t make sense here - it’s just noise. Nature of opinion of course, it can differ.

Kev

strangley enough…I respect your opinion…even though i don’t know you…odd how that works…

I worse case I will compress probs into a single post

Heh, if everyone here (on JGO) would just start taking posts as well as you’ve just done - in the spirit intended, we’d save an awful lot of time. :slight_smile:

Kev

I thought this was java-gaming.org, not xith.org !

If you really didn’t understand what I meant with ‘forum’ (not meaning sub-forum) well… so be it.

No :slight_smile:
JGO is the board, the Xtih3D part ist a forum in (or on) the board. Maybe you could see the “Java Games APIs” section as a sub-board, don’t know…

If you do, please don’t use the board software used on JGO. It’s certainly the worst I’ve ever seen. I don’t know, if vBulletin is available for free, but it’s a quite good software. I’ve created my own board software, which I use on forceusers. There might be one or the other error. Haven’t worked on it for a year. But it has become really cool and intuitive. And it’s similar to vBulletin in view.

Marvin

I must disagree… SMF is by far the best forum software I even tried (and I tried pretty many of them). vBulletin, AFAIK and IIRC is commercial.
SMF is the best for administration, probably user interface (the fact it’s buggy on JGO does not mean it cannot be done right), themes and all. We use it on MagicSpark.org without problem. (Note : i don’t post a link cause our web host has put us offline… we’re still investigating ;D ).

I think SMF with a Joomla bridge will do it perfectly well.