VILLAGE SIM [UPDATED]

Hey guys!

I wanted to share with you a village simulator that I am currently working on for iOS and Android. The game is less than a month in production but already includes: unique pixel art, entity and building system, animated buildings and villagers.

Future features include resources, enemies, fully AI villagers, and a fleet of buildings.

My current plan is the game to be an RTS combined with a survival game. Simply put, you build your village and see how long you can survive!

Much is planned for the game but I wanted to show you some screenshots! Ignore the bad UI:
Screen 1:

Screen 2:

So kinda like rimworld, but simplified?

I really like the art style of everything except the terrain, it’s out of line with the rest of the art.
There is a bit of empty space (bad alignment?) between the two terrain tiles too.

Game idea sounds good tho!

Kind of. The idea is that you start of with a few basic buildings and try to grow your village and avoid death by random enemies and invaders.

The lines are a current bug in the game but do you think the sand needs to be re-drawn? This is the first time I have ever done pixel art (I’ve been coding almost my entire life) and am glad you like it!

• Jake

The sand on its own looks really good actually, the bottom of the low res house meeting the high res sand is the problem, it’s making the house and the sand look disconnected, as if the house was floating in the air :o

The tree and character have shadows and a slightly higher resolution, the problem is still there but it’s not nearly as visible as with the house.

Thank you for the feedback! I’m going to re-do the buildings in a higher-resolution and add shadows, that should give it a better feel.

1 Month in production!

Hello! Quick update for ya’ll, please give me feedback on the building! :slight_smile:

• Jake

Pixel art for the Lumberyard ;D

I love the graphics, they are very pretty.
The shadows are lovely:)

I just wonder if you could read the small letters on some mobile device.

Are you developing your own engine or do you have any now?