Using Raspberry Pi to create a "Java game system standard"?

With stuff like Arduboy, Pico8, and various other things being hot right now I checked out the idea of getting Java on a Raspi (3 or 4), and it looked like there were ARM versions of the JRE and JDK but they stopped before jre11?

Currently it seems like nothing is out there to allow modern Java to run on the Raspberry Pi, but there are ways to run j2me, which I have developed for, and can confirm it would work pretty well, and can even use 3D.

I’m wondering if anyone else has thought about this, and/or knows any projects that could be used to this extent better.

If someone managed to make a “Java home console” it could do a lot for places like JGO, but there are also a lot of reasons to just use something else.

What do you guys think?

Btw, I can’t get into my old account (lost access to my email) , so I just made a new one.

Last I looked, OpenJDK11 runs just fine on the Pi, and it’s proper fast. Azul had a build:

https://cdn.azul.com/zulu-embedded/bin/zulu11.33.21-ca-jdk11.0.4-linux_aarch32hf.tar.gz

Cas :slight_smile:

Hello

JOGL works very well on Raspberry Pi 1, 2 and 3, Xerxes gave it a try several years ago as you can see. He’s working on supporting Raspberry Pi 4:

Hello

The Raspberry Pi 4 is supported by JOGL >= 2.4.0:

I thank Xerxes Ranby for he video ;D