Urgent: Chris, Athomas, someone from sun?

As noted here:

http://www.java-gaming.org/cgi-bin/JGNetForums/YaBB.cgi?board=contest;action=display;num=1085232751

I don’t know if our entry form has been received, no response from Athomas.

Could someone from Sun please either confirm that the entry form has been received (java.net user name = “blahblahblah” - note there is no trailing “h” unlike my username on the forums), or else tell me where else I could email the scanned signed entry form?

Hmph, glad again I didn’t compete in this thing, doesn’t seem like much thought was put into the administration of this thing…

hm, I don’t seem to have entered at all.

Cas :slight_smile:

B*3,

AT said that he has your entry form. No worries.

-Chris

Thanks, Chris. Pass on my thanks to him for receiving it too (couldn’t get the fax to connect internationally, so we’d have been screwed otherwise :frowning: ). Hope you all enjoy playing Survivor ;D

[quote]hm, I don’t seem to have entered at all.
[/quote]
Hey Cas,
If you applied for membership in the games-contest project it never registered. I’ll go ahead and add you as a contestant (unless you’d prefer I didn’t) and create a folder for you.

for many people feel to insecure about wether they managed to enter … wouldln’t it be possible to notify them by email? Or post a list of accepted contestants to the mailing list? Or here?

Or make a statement like that: ‘If you have a folder on the contest page, you’re in!’

I can’t remember if I did or didn’t, I’ve been so busy these last few months :confused: Yes please, create a folder and I’ll put some stuff in it.

Agh! Now what? I’ve got a folder and stuff, but I can’t figure out how to put things in it! I don’t think I have permission. And what do I actually put in it anyway? My JNLP file?

same frustration here…I’m trying to upload something in my folder, yet after a while (presumably once my file has been uploaded, no meter telling me the upload status) I get a “page not available”. And my folder’s still empty. ???

BK

Ok, uploading files isnt a problem, uploading a big file is apparently. I now get a :

Validation error

Uploaded file size exceeds limit for projects. Maximum is currently set to 157,287,424 bytes.

…but my game is only around 30 MB ?

My guess is they set a file size quota for the ENTIRE competition, not each competitor. And now it’s full. Hey, nobody said this was on a first-come-first-serve basis ! :slight_smile: Anyone else having this problem ?

BK

LOL haven’t tried yet but that would be very funny if correct! Very sad too (since we haven’t uploaded yet) but still funny…

I could upload w/o any problems so far

[quote]Agh! Now what? I’ve got a folder and stuff, but I can’t figure out how to put things in it! I don’t think I have permission. And what do I actually put in it anyway? My JNLP file?
[/quote]
click on your folder and then “suggest new file” A link to the JNLP file for the game is sufficient if you’ve got it hosted elsewhere. (you must be logged in to java.net, not just the forums)

[quote]same frustration here…I’m trying to upload something in my folder, yet after a while (presumably once my file has been uploaded, no meter telling me the upload status) I get a “page not available”. And my folder’s still empty. ???
BK
[/quote]
The files won’t show up until they’re approved, which may take a little while as I may have to deal with other issues periodically (changing my daughter’s diapers, that sort of thing) I am checking my email as frequently as possible, so as long as the files are submitted before the deadline, your entry will be valid.

Is it acceptable to lock an entry or must it unlocked for the approval process to be done?

There, I’ve suggested my file. That’s all I can do I suppose. I have to fax that entry doc sometime as well…

blah^3, i just went to the https://games-contest.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList where you should add your files, and I dont see survivor anywhere dude!

??

Its there:

https://games-contest.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=841&expandFolder=841&folderID=0

blah … nice documentation layout BTW :slight_smile:

oh right, my mistake, i thought it was called Survivor! :-[