There is no hope

Browsing the Gogle Play store, I saw this comment about someone’s game:

Give him a reply:

Because you cannot create a game exactly like this. If you don’t want to purchase, make your own game and play it yourself.

4duJdeKTwHY

It’s too bad you can’t single out individual jerks and sell their “private” data (re: contact address book) to ad networks. Google needs to add cheapskate ratings to users, so devs with any scruples don’t punish everyone… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Or you can just sell out all your users; most don’t realize the permission overreach and what is happening anyway; bah, this is nothing new sadly.

And he right (don’t want explain- simple: “now - is wrong time”)
Make free game with 5 lvl
and more lvl for money - Problem solved)

p.s And if he ask why “we have to pay real money for more lvls”
Facepalm him XD

You get reviews from all kinds of people on Google Play. Some are smart…some not so much. There’s nothing you can do about that. Today, my (100% free) game got a one star rating, because it contains no ninjas… ???

I wonder if that rating was based off certain things could only be bought with money, and there is no way to translate in-game currency, even premium currency, to the item they want - because its only available in cash.

How dare you not to include Ninjas?

The best thing are 1 star ratings without an explanation… There should be a requirement by Google to write something if you rate that low because there has to be a reason (even if its something like “I don’t like your face”) - otherwise how do you expect me to make it any better?

Well, even if a “reason” is being given, it’s not helpful more often than it is. Stuff like “controls suck” doesn’t help, but at least you can ask for more details (which you usually don’t get). Stuff like “It’s a fg wh game written by the queen of fg whs” (without the *, of course) helps even less. Then again, some people do post helpful reviews or even send you a mail with more details if you ask them.

People are very binary. I once got a one star review that started “I love this game. I play it all the time, but…”

Maybe it was a fair comment, in the sense that the game might be just like thousands of others which are free. To charge more than the competition (in this case >0!) surely a product should be better, not just nice. Or unique enough to not have any direct competition I guess.

You’re not forced to undergo those reviews. I prefer staying away from Google Play and Google Chrome Web Store, I even removed my game from numerous websites because I disagreed with the moderation. I understand that tons of end users don’t even imagine that they can download and install softwares on their smartphones without those centralized “app stores” but this is what I’d like to change. Moreover, I don’t see the interest of selling a game at the very reasonable price or giving it for free when you receive non-constructive bad reviews.

I agree with Catharsis. The “competition” is flawed when some games sell their users to advertisers because those users perceive those games as “free” whereas they aren’t.